- 2018 Registration is NOW OPEN!!!
- Official bat rule changes take effect in 2018
- Looking for Volunteer Coaches - SAFETY Certs & Fingerprint Forms must be submitted to the Rec Dept
- 2018 Winter Clinic Registration is OPEN!!!
- All Families will be expected to work at least 1 Game in the Snack Shack
2018 Registration is now OPEN!!!
Click Spring 2018 in the Register Online section to the right!
A LEAGUE: PRE-K & KINDERGARTEN
AA LEAGUE: 1st GRADE
MINOR LEAGUE: 2nd & 3rd GRADE
INTERNATIONAL LEAGUE: 4th GRADE or 10 yrs old as of 4/30/2018
MAJOR LEAGUE: 11 - 12 yrs old as of 4/30/2018
PONY LEAGUE: 13 - 14 yrs old as of 4/30/2018
2018 - Winter Baseball Clinic
Jonathan Dayton Head Baseball Coach Mike Abbate and the Dayton Coaching Staff are proud to host a two day baseball clinic at the High School:
2 Age Groups: 7-9 Year Old and 10-12 Year Old
*$50 per player for Both Sessions - Limited to 50 players per age group
Sunday, March 18th & Sunday, March 25th
8:30-8:45 -> Sign In and Coaches Talk
8:45-9:30 -> 7-9 y.o – Defensive Practice Drills; 10-12 y.o – Batting Practice
9:30-10:15 -> 7-9 y.o. – Batting Practice; 10-12 y.o. – Defensive Practice Drills
10:15-10:30 -> All Clinic Modified Games
Click on 'Winter Clinic' link on our home page to register
*$30 at the door day per session
The link below will take you to our Online Store where you can pick up some awesome Fan Wear for the whole family.
The store will only be open until March 4th to give them the ability to get everything to us before opening day and after that it's gone. In addition, Alfred's is returning 20% of all proceeds to the league as a fundraiser. What a better way to show your spirit, support the kids and help Springfield Baseball continue to grow.
Click On The Link and Shop Today!!!
- February 25th: AAA, International, and Major League Player Evaluations.
- March 1st: On-line registration closes - Contact your League Director for late registration consideration (late fee may apply)
- March 9th: Teams are formed, uniforms ordered, coaches notified
- March 11th: Coaches begin to contact players' families
- March 19th: Practice can begin (weather permitting)
- March 18th & 25th: Winter Clinic hosted by JDHS Varsity Coach, Mike Abbate. Register on our home page!
- April 15th: Opening Day Parade, BBQ and Team Pictures
2018 Bat Rule Changes
On January 1, 2018 USA Baseball will be implementing a rule change to the bats. If you are 14 years old or younger and play Little League®, Babe Ruth & Cal Ripken, PONY, Dixie or AABC, you will need to use a new bat marked with a new USA Baseball stamp.
The bats currently on the market, which are marked with a 1.15BPF stamp, will no longer be legal for play in these leagues. Additionally, beginning on January 1, 2018, under the new USA Baseball rule, all players 14 and under (not including Tee-Ball) will be able to use approved USA Baseball 2-5/8" barrels in Little League®, Babe Ruth & Cal Ripken, PONY, Dixie and AABC.
How will I know which bat to buy?
All new bats that bear the USABat licensing mark will be permissible for play in the leagues and tournaments of the participating youth baseball organizations.
When can I buy the new bat?
It is the intention of the bat manufacturers to make the new bats available in the fall of 2017, in sufficient time for the 2018 season.
Later this year, the SNJBL is planning to host a bat show where you'll be able to purchase a new certified bat at a discounted price. Check our website regularly for details.
Additional information can be found <HERE>
ATTENTION ALL VOLUNTEER COACHES
Rutgers S.A.F.E.T.Y. Certification and Fingerprinted Background Checks are required for ALL ON-FIELD COACHES AND ASSISTANTS. COACHES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN PRACTICES OR GAMES WITHOUT THIS CERTIFICATION AND AN UPDATED BACKGROUND CHECK.
Refer to the 'Coach Information' link on left, or contact Adam Lieb (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the Springfield Recreation Department for more information.