- Want your business' LOGO displayed on the SRA Web Site? Contact Ronnie Bryant to find out more!!
- Interested in serving on the Board of Directors or on a committee? WE NEED YOU! Contact us!!!
- Members, Please Support our Sponsors!! Look under the Menu & click on the "Sponsors" link.
Smithfield Recreation Association
End of Season Work Day
November 8, 2014
The fall baseball and softball season is coming to a close. There are 2 remaining weekends of ball and we wish all the teams the best of luck. SRA will be hosting an end of season work day on November 8th in order to perform the necessary modifications and repairs to keep our facilities in top condition.
We look forward to seeing as many of you at the facility as possible! Kevin Jones will be the point of contact and can be reached at 757-613-9399 to answer any questions.
Increased Security at Beale Park
In light of the recent concession stand burglary, the Board of Directors has authorized the installation of a multi-camera security system and additional security lighting. In consultation with the Smithfield Police Department, the cameras will be distributed in key areas around the buildings with continual video coverage. Additional measures to secure Beale Park will be implemented at the close of the Fall season, including the locking of the Lumar Rd. gates. This will limit access to the Barcroft Dr. entrances. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this effort to secure our facilities.
We would ask that SRA members who drive by the facility in the evenings report any suspicious activities to the Smithfield Police Department.
SRA on Facebook
SRA would like to invite all members to go and check out the new SRA Facebook page. This page will provide information for members and folks in the area to see all the great things happening within our organization! You will see events for upcoming registrations, tryouts, fundraisers, and much more.
This is just the beginning of many great features to come. Check us out and like the page at Smithfield Recreation Association on Facebook!
Subscribing to SRA Alerts
You can now subscribe to alerts from SRA to easily get updates on game times, delays, news, and events via email and text message.
- Locate the "My Account" section on the left hand side of the web page and select "sign up."
- Click on "Create New Account."
- Enter the required information and click on "Create Account."
- An email verification will be sent to the address you provided during account creation, check your email and enter the verification code from the email and log in.
- Click the link "Get Text Alerts" which should now be an option on the "My Account" menu.
- Select which alert groups you would like to subscribe to and save the changes. You will now receive alerts to your email address.
- To also receive the alert via text message click on "Manage Phones."
- Click "Add New Phone" on the right.
- Enter your phone number and carrier and a verification code will be sent via text.
- Enter you verification code and you will now receive alerts via text as well as email.
Who is SRA?
Smithfield Recreation Association (SRA) is a local non-profit organization that runs baseball and softball for children (ages 5-16) in and around the Smithfield area. We are not a part of IWC Parks and Recreation. We do not receive any funding from either the Town of Smithfield or Isle of Wight County. We do "borrow" some County/School fields, when available.
Beale Park resulted from a Land donation made by the late Carl M. Beale over 40 years ago. Through his generous donation and many volunteers and supporters over the years Beale Park has developed into the facility it is today.
SRA MISSION STATEMENT
To encourage, in all of the children who participate in our program, the development of sportsmanship, athletic skill, teamwork, self-reliance, self-discipline, and the ability to win graciously and to lose with dignity.
Sponsorships & Advertising - Interested in seeing your Logo on our Web Site?
If are interested in having your Logo displayed on the SRA Web Site and at Beale Park, contact any SRA Board Member to find out how you can become an SRA Sponsor. When advertising with SRA, you show that you support youth sports in our community. In addition, your business is exposed to hundreds and hundreds of families from Smithfield, Windsor, Surry, Holland, Suffolk, Nansmond River, just to name a few.
So what are you waiting for? Contact SRA by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org today!! We want to see your business' Logo on our site all year long!!
Smithfield Recreation Association
powered by LeagueLineup
|| Administration Login