Registration is now open!!!
I am pleased to announce that SWYBL will be offering the following program for the 2014/2015 basketball season
- The Drills & Skills program for kindergarten players will run in November and December.
- Jump start programs for 5th - 8th grade players will take place in November.
- Jump start programs for 3rd & 4th grade players will take place in December.
- The Drills & Skills program for 1st and 2nd grade players will run from January to March.
- Practice for 3rd - 8th grade players will initiate in December; games will initiate in January and continue thru March.
Please note the following important dates:
- September 2: Registration Opens
- September 20: In-Person Registration 10:00 am - 2:00 pm at the Sussex/Wantage Branch Library
- September 24: In-Person Registration 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm at the Sussex/Wantage Branch Library
- October 4: In-Person Registration 10:00 am - 2:00 pm at the Sussex/Wantage Branch Library
- October 11: Registration closes for kindergarten players. No exceptions!
- October 31: Registration closes for all other players. Registrations will be accepted after this date, but a late fee of $25 will be assessed.
I encourage parents and older siblings to consider becoming involved in the League. Over the years, many of our volunteers have left the league after their children have moved on to high school with no new volunteers stepping forward. Without your support, there is no League. The League is always in search of quality coaches, assistant coaches, coordinators, etc. During the last 2 years, a program was implemented that allows older siblings and previous players to earn community service hours by volunteering. This has been a great success!
If you are interested in volunteering, please let me know.
As always, THANK YOU for your continued support of the League.
The necessary forms can be found by clicking on the Registration, Coaching & Volunteer Forms link to the left. If you know of anyone interested in participating this year, please forward them this e-mail.