BNS NEWS UPDATE/ IMPORTANT DATES
- Scheduling is done in two phases. The first phase runs from May 28th to July 8th, and the second phase is July 9th to August 30th. This is done to allow for proper balancing of the AAA, AA, and A leagues. Teams may be reclassified after the June 24th date.
- Teams will be asked for their Blackout and Travel dates for July/August prior to the June 24th deadline. This will allow for these dates to be taken into account for the second half schedule, and gives teams more time to establish their preferences for July and August.
- Travel would be considered anything over 200 KM that may require accommodations
- $500 bond. This will not be cashed. This bond will only be cashed should a team be deemed in direct violation of the Bluenose League rules regarding cancellations (found in the BNS Handbook)
- Rescheduling procedures are also available in the Bluenose League book. This is for situations where games get canceled due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. Be sure to copy Bailey MacDonald (Program Coordinator) on rescheduling attempts.
- The process to submit scores will be communicated to teams next week. Please note the Bluenose League is a developmental league, and standings do not impact entry to Provincials. The results will be used to better understand where a team belongs for competitive balance.
- Provincials are considered separate from the Bluenose League
- Registrations deadline is June 24th. Form will be available shortly on BNS website
- All registered teams will advance to Provincials. There will no longer be Provincial Qualifiers or Districts.
- No tournament will exceed 8 teams.
- Should AAA or AA exceed 8 teams registered, a Qualification tournament will be necessary. Teams may be relegated to A after this tournament.
- The A division will be Tiered. Number of Tiers will not be known until registration is complete and teams are evaluated. The amount of Tiers will be dependant on teams registered and placement for competitive balance.
- Teams will have a brief window after July 22nd to appeal Tiers (appeal process found in BNS Handbook)
- Non-Bluenose teams will be required to participate in a Classification tournament July 20th-22nd to determine placement
- Cory Boutilier is currently reviewing coaches registered for the Bluenose League. Head coaches will be communicated required courses for their division.
- Teams who currently do not have Assistant Coaches loaded are asked to communicate these to Cory ASAP so they can be reviewed.
- Once communicated, it is the responsibility of the team to ensure the coaches register for the appropriate courses.
- Courses are in the process of being organized now. They will be offered in various areas of the province, and communicated in advance.
- Initiation and Teaching & Learning are FREE for 2018.
- Coaches will be required to have courses completed by August 3rd. No additional courses will be scheduled past this date, and coaches not meeting requirements will be removed from Provincial rosters.
Should you require further clarification, or have specific questions contact BNS Executive Director.
Executive Director, Baseball Nova Scotia
(902) 425-5454 ext. 355
2018 Tri-County Rangers Final Rosters
11U - MOSQUITO
13U - PEEWEE
15U - BANTAM
2018 Tri-County Team Apparel
2018 Tri-County Coaching Lineup
Tri-County 2017 Season Success
18U-Midget AA's kick off 2017 with GOLD in the annual Bedford Days Tournament!!!
Midget AA defeated East Hants 6-3 in the championship final.
Tri-County Bantam AAA's added to Tri-County success in 2017 with GOLD at the Summerside Invitational Tournament July 28-30.
Bantam AAA's defeated Dieppe 3-2 in the championship final.
Bantam AAA's defeat Halifax 6-5 to take Natal Day Tournament Gold!
Tri-County Rangers Cotton T's for Sale!
T's are on sale and are ONLY $15 each!!!
Supplies and sizes are limited so order today!
2017 PROVINCIALS - Registering and Hosting
Provincial Championship TEAM Registration
Team registration for the provincial championships has been available on our website now for a couple weeks. If you are planning to participate in this years Provincial Championships, please be sure to register before the deadline.
The deadline to register for Provincials is June 26th
CLICK HERE to register a team(s) for Provincials
Provincial Championship Hosting Applications
We are looking for teams interested in hosting our 2016 Provincial Championships. If this is something your team is interested in please fill out the application form HERE.
The deadline to apply to host provincials is June 26th
MANAGERS - Reporting Bluenose League Scores
Information on how to register and report scores for your BNS Bluenose League games click here
Tri-County Rangers Baseball - General Information
If you are interested in trying out for one of the Tri-County Rangers Rep teams, you must first register through one of our member associations: Sackville Minor Baseball, Bedford Minor Baseball, or LWF Minor Baseball. Please indicate on the registration form that you wish to attend tryouts.
Coaching Evaluation Survey
We want to hear what you have to say! Your input is valued and appreciated in our continued efforts to deliver the best baseball experience possible.
This survey is anonymous unless you would like to include your name in the comments section.
Please note that you must complete a separate survey for each coach that you wish to evaluate.
Thank you for your support!