- 2015 SPRING REGISTRATION IS CLOSED ! ! !
The only program in Montgomery County offering an opportunity to compete in the Cal Ripken Maryland State tournaments, Regional Championships, and World Series!!!
UMAC has been providing Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth League T-Ball and Baseball to Upper Montgomery County for over 45 Years!!!
ATTENTION ALL 11U PLAYERS
11U 50/70 ALL STAR TRYOUTS
UMAC is looking for experienced players who would like to compete at a high level and continue to improve their skills while participating on the 2015 11U 50/70 ALL-STAR Team.
Tryouts for the 11U 50/70 All-Star team will be held:
- Sunday, April 26, at UMAC Field #1 and batting cages starting promptly at 12:00 Noon until 2:00PM.
- Monday, April 27, at UMAC Field #1 and batting cages starting at 6:00pm.
- (IF NEEDED) Wednesday, April 29, at Fountain Hill Local Park starting at 5:30pm.
Tryouts are open to all UMAC registered players that were born on or after May 1, 2003.
During the tryouts we not only look at overall ability, we look for attributes such as leadership, commitment, motivation, and sportsmanship. Your son will have a great baseball experience as this team participates in the Maryland 11U State Tournament as well as local and regional tournaments.
Financial and Time Commitments: TBD but players are expected to attend practices and games starting in June through the State Tournament in July. Financial commitment will include all-star league fees, uniforms, tournament fees, game fees, umpire fees, etc. The league does not pay for any all-star expenses, these are covered by the team. The expected cost will be around $300.
If your son is interested in a tryout or for any questions,
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO REGISTER OR CONTACT:
Kelly Tilton (11U 50/70 Manager) at: email@example.com
SPRING 2015 BASEBALL SEASON REGISTRATION IS CLOSED FOR ALL DIVISIONS
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- T-Ball Opening Day Ceremony, 4/18/2015
- Picture Day, 4/25/2015 (Kingsview)
- Giant/Ripken Clinic, 4/27/2015
- End of Regular season for 9U – 12U: Friday, 6/5/15
- End of Regular season for 7U - 8U: Saturday, 6/13/15
- Playoffs for 9U – 12U begin: Saturday, 6/6/15
- Playoffs for 9U – 12U ends: Friday, 6/18/15
UMAC tries to maintain single age divisions for the 7U through 12U age divisions. The divisions are split up as follows:
||Birthdate between 5/1/2008 – 4/30/2010
||Birthdate between 5/1/2007 – 4/30/2008
||Birthdate between 5/1/2006 – 4/30/2007
||Birthdate between 5/1/2005 – 4/30/2006
||Birthdate between 5/1/2004 – 4/30/2005
||Birthdate between 5/1/2003 – 4/30/2004
||Birthdate between 5/1/2002 – 4/30/2003
||Birthdate before 4/30/2002
Any player requesting to play outside of their age group must request an execption through the Age Division commissioner.
Girls are permitted and encouraged to play in all age divisions.
Your child's registration for UMAC's Spring 2015 season includes hat and jersey for each player.
UMAC does not provide baseball pants or individual equipments such as baseball glove or baseball cleats. UMAC does provide each team with several helmets and a few baseball bats.
Not Your Average Joe's on Tuesday Nights
Take the family out to dinner at NYAJ's on Tuesday nights in March, present the certificate posted HERE, and 15% of your check will be donated to UMAC Baseball. Go once, go every week, tell your friends!!! Thanks to the great folks at Not Your Average Joe's for supporting UMAC this Spring!!!
ADDITIONAL DICK'S SPORTING GOODS SAVINGS
Save on bats, mitts, cleats, uniforms, and all your baseball equipment at Dick's Sporting Goods. Just click on the link below to take advantage of Special Baseball Offers specifically for the UMAC community.
FORMER UMAC PLAYER GOES PRO
It is with great pleasure that I announce one of UMAC's former players has been drafted to Major League Baseball!! Charlie Cononie, son of UMAC Coach Steve Cononie, has been drafted to the Tampa Bay Rays!!! Charlie played with UMAC throughout his elementary, middle and high school career, starting in T-ball. He played college ball for Towson State University. Congratulations to Charlie from all the UMAC family!
Gene Lowery, President
and the UMAC Board
Interested in gaining Student Service Learning (SSL) hours? Check out the new "Student Service" tab on the menu!!!
I came across your website on the internet. I played UMAC baseball in 1981 with the Darnstown Yankees and in 1982-83 with The Germantown Eagles. I moved to Phoenix mid summer of 83. I remember the great times I had with UMAC. I am now a Minor League Pitching Coach with the Oakland A's. I just wanted to say thank you UMAC.
Scott "Emo" Emerson
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE UMAC 2014 9U ALL-STAR STATE CHAMPIONS
CAL RIPKEN 12U WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!
Congratulations to the UMAC All-Star 2012 12U 50/70
Cal Ripken World Series Champions!!!
Ambassador Ally Haddaway, Bat Boy Luke Pearre, Cole Carmack, Ryan Haddaway, Brady Pearre, Cooper Myers-Mallinger, Colin Metz, Matthew Convers, Pat Diaz, Batboy Vincent Walsh, Ambassador Allison Convers
Ethan Frank, UMAC President Gene Lowery, Josh Netterville, Coach Doug Metz, Brendan Collins, Jake Heskett, J. P. Walsh, Brooks Bengtson, Marcus Brown, Coach Rick Haddaway, Manager Jody Pearre, (not pictured General Manager J. Myers)
UMAC - HOME OF CHAMPIONS
- 2006 8U Cal Ripken State Runner-Up
- 2006 10U Cal Ripken State Champion
- 2007 8U Cal Ripken State Champion
- 2007 9U Cal Ripken State Runner-Up
- 2007 11U USSSA AA Maryland State Champion
- 2008 8U Cal Ripken State Runner-Up
- 2008 12U Cal Ripken State Runner-Up
- 2009 12U Cal Ripken State Champion
- 2009 12U Cal Ripken World Series Runner-Up
- 2010 11U Cal Ripken State Runner-Up
- 2010 12U Cal Ripken State Runner-Up
- 2011 11U Cal Ripken State Champion
- 2011 12U Cal Ripken State Runner-Up
- 2012 12U Cal Ripken State Champion
- 2012 12U Cal Ripken World Series CHAMPION
- 2013 11U Cal Ripken State Runner-Up
- 2014 9U Cal Ripken State Champion
UMAC (Upper Montgomery Athletic Club) has been providing age appropriate T-Ball, Machine Pitch and Kid Pitch Baseball for over 40 years. UMAC stresses sportsmanship, fun and the basic baseball fundamentals.
- Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth Certified Coaches.
- UMAC's own Taylor Field Complex in Boyds, Maryland, which includes 2 T-Ball Fields and 3 Regulation Baseball Fields.
- The Snack Shack -- Located on the premises at Taylor Field, the Snack Shack sells a variety of beverages and food items at very reasonable prices.
- Playground Area -- Taylor Field has a playground and sand box area for the young children to use when they visit.
- All fields have fenced in dugouts and home run fences. Two of the fields have electronic scoreboards.
- All of the fields have bleachers, and also seating areas if you want to bring your own chairs.
- Registration Fees are all inclusive -- no fundraisers.
- UMAC offers T-Ball for 4, 5 and 6 year olds, Machine Pitch for 7-8 year olds,and Kid Pitch for 9-13 year olds
- UMAC Baseball Programs focus on fun, fundamentals and sportsmanship
- UMAC is part of Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth Youth Baseball and all games are played in accordance with Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth Rules
- UMAC offers excellent All-Star/Select team baseball opportunities for all age levels with 2 All-Star Teams in the 8 and Under Machine Pitch Division and an All-Star Team in each of theh 9-13 year old age groups
- UMAC is fortunate to have excellent Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth certified volunteer coaches to teach the children about all aspects of baseball
- All UMAC players receive a participation award at the end of the season
- The UMAC baseball season typically includes 10-14 games with 2 games per week - There are playoffs for teams in the 9U and older divisions.
Proudly Serving Upper Montgomery County for Over 40 Years
Including: Clarksburg • Darnestown • Gaithersburg • Germantown • Poolesville • Potomac • Rockville
UMAC Baseball is a 501(C)(3) organization