- 2015 SPRING REGISTRATION IS OPEN ! ! !
The only program in Montgomery County offering an opportunity to compete in the Cal Ripken Maryland State tournaments, Regional Championships, and World Series!!!
UMAC has been providing Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth League T-Ball and Baseball to Upper Montgomery County for over 45 Years!!!
COACHES CLINIC - SATURDAY 31 JANUARY 10:00-2:00PM
All UMAC Coaches are encouraged to sign up for this valuable Coaches Clinic right in our backyard in Gaithersburg, Maryland. The Clinic is ran by the Maryland State Association of Baseball Coaches (MSABC) with instructors ranging from current high school coaches to professional baseball coaches.
The clinic will be focusing on preparing the youth level coach in the areas of practice planning, proper player warm-up, throwing, pitching, catching, baserunning, infield/outfield and hitting.
Please click on the following link for more information MSABC COACHES CLINIC.
Register through Teamsnap at the following link MSABC COACHES CLINIC REGISTRATION. Registration will close on January 26th so sign up soon.
12U Sunday Select Team
UMAC is fielding a 12U Sunday Select team for the spring season. The team will play Sunday double headers from April to June in the Northern Virginia Travel Baseball League (NVTBL). If your player has any interest in playing travel baseball in addition to rec, please contact Erick Summers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 240-252-0192.
SPRING 2015 BASEBALL SEASON
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- February Coaches Meeting: 9 February, 8:00pm
- Team Sponsors due: 3/8/15
- March Coaches Meeting: 9 March, 8:00pm
- Opening Day: Saturday, 4/11/2015
- End of Regular season for 8U – 12U: Friday, 6/5/15
- End of Regular season for 7U: Saturday, 6/13/15
- Playoffs for 8U – 12U begin: Saturday, 6/6/15
- Playoffs for 8U – 12U ends: Friday, 6/18/15
UMAC tries to maintain single age divisions for the 7U through 12U age divisions. The divisions are split up as follows:
||Birthdate between 5/1/2008 – 4/30/2010
||Birthdate between 5/1/2007 – 4/30/2008
||Birthdate between 5/1/2006 – 4/30/2007
||Birthdate between 5/1/2005 – 4/30/2006
||Birthdate between 5/1/2004 – 4/30/2005
||Birthdate between 5/1/2003 – 4/30/2004
||Birthdate between 5/1/2002 – 4/30/2003
||Birthdate before 4/30/2002
Any player requesting to play outside of their age group must request an execption through the Age Division commissioner.
Girls are permitted and encouraged to play in all age divisions.
Your child's registration for UMAC's Spring 2015 season includes hat and jersey for each player.
UMAC does not provide baseball pants or individual equipments such as baseball glove or baseball cleats. UMAC does provide each team with several helmets and a few baseball bats.
2015 Montgomery College Winter Baseball Clinics at MC Germantown
The Montgomery College Baseball Staff has announced its 2015 Winter Baseball Clinic Schedule for ages 5-13. The clinics will start in January and run 7 consecutive weeks. The cost for the seven week session will be $160.00.
A large turnout is expected this year so two options are offered for the 5-13 age group:
- Option 1 – Saturday, 5:00 pm-6:30 pm, January 10, 17, 24, 31, February 7, 14, 21
- Option 2 – Sunday, 9:00 am-10:30 am, January 11, 18, 25 February 1, 8, 15, 22
Please fill out the proper Registration Form (ATTACHED HERE) and send it to Montgomery College Work Force Development & Continuing Education. Their address is listed on the registration form.
Spaces will be limited.
Questions? Please email Coach Rascher at email@example.com or call at 240-567-7743.
The Montgomery College Baseball Staff & Players look forward to seeing you in January!
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE UMAC 2014 9U ALL-STAR STATE CHAMPIONS
COMING SOON – 20% OFF UMAC BASEBALL DAY AT DICK’S SPORTING GOODS
· WHEN: TBD
· WHERE: Dick’s Sporting Goods in Gaithersburg
· WHAT: Receive 20% off your entire purchase
ADDITIONAL DICK'S SPORTING GOODS SAVINGS
Save on bats, mitts, cleats, uniforms, and all your baseball equipment at Dick's Sporting Goods. Just click on the link below to take advantage of Special Baseball Offers specifically for the UMAC community.
FORMER UMAC PLAYER GOES PRO
It is with great pleasure that I announce one of UMAC's former players has been drafted to Major League Baseball!! Charlie Cononie, son of UMAC Coach Steve Cononie, has been drafted to the Tampa Bay Rays!!! Charlie played with UMAC throughout his elementary, middle and high school career, starting in T-ball. He played college ball for Towson State University. Congratulations to Charlie from all the UMAC family!
Gene Lowery, President
and the UMAC Board
Interested in gaining Student Service Learning (SSL) hours? Check out the new "Student Service" tab on the menu!!!
I came across your website on the internet. I played UMAC baseball in 1981 with the Darnstown Yankees and in 1982-83 with The Germantown Eagles. I moved to Phoenix mid summer of 83. I remember the great times I had with UMAC. I am now a Minor League Pitching Coach with the Oakland A's. I just wanted to say thank you UMAC.
Scott "Emo" Emerson
CAL RIPKEN 12U WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!
Congratulations to the UMAC All-Star 2012 12U 50/70
Cal Ripken World Series Champions!!!
Ambassador Ally Haddaway, Bat Boy Luke Pearre, Cole Carmack, Ryan Haddaway, Brady Pearre, Cooper Myers-Mallinger, Colin Metz, Matthew Convers, Pat Diaz, Batboy Vincent Walsh, Ambassador Allison Convers
Ethan Frank, UMAC President Gene Lowery, Josh Netterville, Coach Doug Metz, Brendan Collins, Jake Heskett, J. P. Walsh, Brooks Bengtson, Marcus Brown, Coach Rick Haddaway, Manager Jody Pearre, (not pictured General Manager J. Myers)
UMAC - HOME OF CHAMPIONS
- 2006 8U Cal Ripken State Runner-Up
- 2006 10U Cal Ripken State Champion
- 2007 8U Cal Ripken State Champion
- 2007 9U Cal Ripken State Runner-Up
- 2007 11U USSSA AA Maryland State Champion
- 2008 8U Cal Ripken State Runner-Up
- 2008 12U Cal Ripken State Runner-Up
- 2009 12U Cal Ripken State Champion
- 2009 12U Cal Ripken World Series Runner-Up
- 2010 11U Cal Ripken State Runner-Up
- 2010 12U Cal Ripken State Runner-Up
- 2011 11U Cal Ripken State Champion
- 2011 12U Cal Ripken State Runner-Up
- 2012 12U Cal Ripken State Champion
- 2012 12U Cal Ripken World Series CHAMPION
- 2013 11U Cal Ripken State Runner-Up
- 2014 9U Cal Ripken State Champion
UMAC (Upper Montgomery Athletic Club) has been providing age appropriate T-Ball, Machine Pitch and Kid Pitch Baseball for over 40 years. UMAC stresses sportsmanship, fun and the basic baseball fundamentals.
- Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth Certified Coaches.
- UMAC's own Taylor Field Complex in Boyds, Maryland, which includes 2 T-Ball Fields and 3 Regulation Baseball Fields.
- The Snack Shack -- Located on the premises at Taylor Field, the Snack Shack sells a variety of beverages and food items at very reasonable prices.
- Playground Area -- Taylor Field has a playground and sand box area for the young children to use when they visit.
- All fields have fenced in dugouts and home run fences. Two of the fields have electronic scoreboards.
- All of the fields have bleachers, and also seating areas if you want to bring your own chairs.
- Registration Fees are all inclusive -- no fundraisers.
- UMAC offers T-Ball for 4, 5 and 6 year olds, Machine Pitch for 7-8 year olds,and Kid Pitch for 9-13 year olds
- UMAC Baseball Programs focus on fun, fundamentals and sportsmanship
- UMAC is part of Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth Youth Baseball and all games are played in accordance with Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth Rules
- UMAC offers excellent All-Star/Select team baseball opportunities for all age levels with 2 All-Star Teams in the 8 and Under Machine Pitch Division and an All-Star Team in each of theh 9-13 year old age groups
- UMAC is fortunate to have excellent Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth certified volunteer coaches to teach the children about all aspects of baseball
- All UMAC players receive a participation award at the end of the season
- The UMAC baseball season typically includes 10-14 games with 2 games per week - There are playoffs for teams in the 9U and older divisions.
Proudly Serving Upper Montgomery County for Over 40 Years
Including: Clarksburg • Darnestown • Gaithersburg • Germantown • Poolesville • Potomac • Rockville
UMAC Baseball is a 501(C)(3) organization