- VBSL email: VBSLboard@yahoo.com
- Twitter @vbslverona
VBSL 2015 Spring Travel Team Information
We will be holding tryouts for spring 2015 baseball and softball travel teams on the following dates, rain or shine.
- Softball - November 14-16 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Baseball - November 21-23 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
Team times and locations to be determined. More information will be made available in the coming weeks. Please indicate your child's interest by signing up by going to "Online Forms" in the main menu to your left, and select "2015 VBSL Spring Travel Baseball and Softball Signup."
All persons interested in managing a travel team should contact Rich Williamson (email@example.com).
Candidate interviews will be taking place on Tuesday, October 21, at the VBSL Board Meeting (730pm, VCC Fireman's Room).
Upcoming VBSL Board Meetings
The following is a schedule of the upcoming VBSL Board Meetings. Board meetings are open to the public except during closed sessions. You are welcome to attend if you have something to discuss or raise. Thank you.
- Tuesday, October 21, 730 PM - VCC Fireman's Room
- Wednesday, November 12, 730 PM - VCC Conference Room
- Tuesday, December 9, 730 PM - VCC Fireman's Room
Verona Fights Hunger Week
Do you know that, according to a recent report published by the United Way of Northern New Jersey, 24 percent of households in Verona struggle to make ends meet and cannot always afford groceries and other basic necessities?
Verona Fights Hunger Week begins on October 12 and runs to October 18th. During Verona Fights Hunger Week, over 25 local schools, businesses, civic organizations, and charities will collect donations for the Human Needs Food Pantry in Montclair, the food bank that is used by Verona residents.
Individuals and families are encouraged to contribute non-perishable, non-expired healthy food, such as cereal, canned fruits and vegetables, baby formula, and Ensure/Glucerna nutrition drinks. Donations of NEW socks, underwear, toiletries, and diapers are also very much needed. Donation bins will be located throughout town, including at the Verona Community Center, Verona Town Hall, Verona Public Library, Kings Food Market in Verona, and at other several businesses. Many businesses, including Kings Supermarket in Verona, are offering special deals for those that contribute food to Verona Fights Hunger Week. See the attached flyer for more information.
The Verona Baseball and Softball League is a proud supporter of Verona Fights Hunger Week. For more information about Verona Fights Hunger Week, please go to www.veronajuniors.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your support!
Congratulations to VBSL Summer Teams
- 8U Softball - Denville League
- 10U Softball - Denville League
- 12U Baseball - Suburban League
- 14U Softball - Bi-County League
- 12U Softball - Bi-County League
Congratulations to 10U Softball
They won the Monroe Thunder Summer Classic!
Verona Schools Out Softball Tournament Results
Congratulations to the following winners of the Schools Out softball tournament held on June 21 and 22 in Verona.
- 8U: Verona
- 10U: Verona
- 12U: West Milford
Cardinals defeated Yankees, World Series - Best 2 of 3
- Game 1 Wednesday, June 11, 7pm (Cardinals win 3-2 in 7 innings, lead series 1-0)
- Game 2 Saturday, June 14, 7pm (Yankees win 6-2, series tied 1-1)
- Game 3 Monday, June 16, 7pm (Cardinals win 6-4)
CONGRATULATIONS MAJOR CARDINALS
A's defeated Cardinals, 11-1 to win the Pony Championship.
CONGRATULATIONS PONY A'S
Semi-final game 9:00 am Saturday, June 14, at VHS.
Sacred Heart defeated ASU, 11-6 to win Major Championship.
CONGRATULATIONS MAJOR SACRED HEART
Pony Softball final will be scheduled shortly.
VBSL BOARD ANNOUNCEMENTS
- The VBSL Board is looking for some new members. If you are interested, please contact Rich Williamson at email@example.com.
- There will be a VBSL General Membership Meeting on Wednesday, June 18th at 730 in the VCC Ballroom. If you have any questions or concerns, we encourage your attendence and participation. Thank you.
Major League Home Runs
- (2) Nicolai Bujnowski (A's) - 4/12 vs. Cardinals, 4/22 vs. Mets
- (2) Will Gaccione (Cardinals) - 4/12 vs. A's, 5/19 vs. Dodgers
- (2) Tommy Mulligan (Dodgers) - 4/22 vs. Yankess, 4/24 vs. A's
- (2) Quinn Zebrowski (Yankees) - 5/7 vs. Dodgers, 5/20 vs. Cardinals
- (2) Nick Coppola (Pirates) - 5/3 vs. Cardinals, 5/29 vs. Yankees
- (2) Christian Dionisio (Yankees) - 5/17 vs. A's, 6/7 vs. Mets (Playoff Game)
- (1) Andrew Emanuilidis (Dodgers) - 5/20 vs. Mets
- (1) Luke Gaccione (Cardinals) - 5/20 vs. Yankees
- (1) Nick Gonzalez (Pirates) - 5/22 vs. A's
- (1) Andrew Meyer (Yankees) - 5/31 vs. Cardinals
- (1) Robert Sposato (Mets) - 6/7 vs. Yankees (Playoff Game)
- (1) Kayla Bachan (ASU) - 4/22 vs. Sacred Heart
- (1) Geena Klinger (ASU) - 5/7 vs. Texas
- (1) Carlie Goldstein (Sacred Heart) - 5/31 vs. ASU
VBSL Memorial Day Home Run Derby
May 26, 2014
Congratulations to this years winners:
Major Baseball: Nick Gonzalez
Pony Baseball: Michael Garcia
Major Softball: Ashley Baumgard
Pony Softball: Julia Rigney
Perfect Game for U14 Softball
Please click here to see great news regarding Kate Stanisci's perfect game on May 12th verses Belleville.
VBSL Apparel For Sale
VBSL Apparel for sale - see attached order form. Please see what we have available and support the VBSL. Click here for order form.
BAT RULES - BASEBALL
For 2013, the Verona Baseball & Softball League adopted new regulations defining what bats may be used in the VBSL in-town baseball leagues.
In the past, our bat regulations have restricted bats only according to their length-to-weight ratio. In an effort to ensure that our rules reflect the state of the are in bat safety, we have elected to adopt new bat regulations issued by Little League, Cal Ripken Baseball, and Babe Ruth Baseball. Those regulations are the product of intensive research and, we believe, provide us with the best means of protecting our players from the risk of harm from a batted ball.
The following bat regulations will apply to all bats used and will be enforced during practices and games for our in-town leagues. These regulations should be used in consideration of purchasing any new bats and evaluating the ones you currently have. Your managers will be able to help you in the event you are not sure.
K-Ball: All players in K-Ball (Kindergarten) should use bats designed specifically for T-Ball, which are clearly labeled "T-Ball" on the side of the bat.
Rookie League: Players in the Rookie League (1st and 2nd grade) may either use T-Ball bats or baseball bats that comply with the Minor and Major League bat regulation.
Minor and Major League: For the Minor (3rd and 4th) and Major (5th and 6th) Leagues, bats may not have a barrel diameter greater than 2 1/4 inches. Big barrel bats, therefore are not permitted in the Minor or Major League. Also not allowed are T-Ball bats, which are far too small to be used safely in either league. Bats must be no longer than 33 inches long. Non-wood bats must bear a label that certifies that they meet a bat performance factor (BPF) of 1.15. The label is clearly printed on the side of each bat.
Pony League: all non-wood bats used in the Ponly League must also bear the BPF 1.15 label. The maximum bat length in the Pony League is 34 inches. Big-barrel bats are allowed in the Pony League, but they may not have a barrel diameter greater than 2 5/8 inches. All bats used in the Pony League must have a length-to-weight ratio of -9 or greater (e.g. -9,-8,-7). The length-to-weight ratio is calculated by subtracting the bat weight, in ounces, from the bat length in inches. All non-wood bats that have a length-to-weight ratio of -3 must be labeled "BBCOR .50".
Attached is the rule for download should you want to bring them with you when you shop for a bat. Click here.
JOIN THE VBSL EMAIL LIST!
Would you like to receive email announcements from the Verona Baseball Softball League? Would you like to ADD a second email address to receive VBSL emails? Then join our email list! It is easy to do...just navigate to the lower left hand side of this website to box that displays: "Join our E-Mail List" and select the "Click Here" link. Add your name and email address, select the appropriate 2011 Kindergarten group, the All Emails group or both! You are done!
VERONA BASEBALL & SOFTBALL LEAGUE
powered by LeagueLineup