WE WILL BE HOLDING TRY- OUT'S FOR THE 18-U TEAM DURING OUR TEAM PRACTICES. CONTACT COACH ROB AT firstname.lastname@example.org TO FIND THE PLACE & TIME.
WHAT KIND OF PLAYERS ARE WE LOOKING FOR ???
1. Players who understand from the beginning that hard work is the minimum expected of them, and not the maximum. Players who understand that there are few guarantees in life, and that two are: A. Success will not be easily achieved. B. Players who are unwilling to give a total effort in practices are unlikely to give a greater effort once the games begin.
2. Players with a favorable attention span and the ability to listen and concentrate.
3. Players who can take criticism and acknowledge their mistakes without alibis, excuses, or blaming others.
4. Players who love the game.
5. Players who work hard.
6. Players who enjoy competing - and winning as a team.
7. Players who like - and more important, respect - their teammates and coaches.
8. Players who are loyal to their team, teammates and coaches.
9. Players who understand that good players show up for big games, but great players show up for every game.
10. Players who exhibit leadership qualities.
Fresh cut grass, dragged dirt, ring of a bat, a diving catch, a blocked ball, sweating, bleeding, diving into home. Not a bad way to spend a few hours.
14-U won the Silver Championship on
April 30- May 1 - Ironbridge Park - Dirty Dozen
14-U placed 2nd in the Silver Championship on May 28-29 - Richmond - Memorial Day Shootout