Who are the HORNETS?
Monroe is located in southwest Ohio, midway between Dayton and Cincinnati (I75 exit 29). We play in the Southwest Buckeye Pee-Wee Football League (SWBL) against many of the same teams they'll be playing against through High School. Our league officially plays games in 4th, 5th, & 6th grades; plus we are usually able to field a 3rd grade team.
To view our league site go to: 'Links' / 'SWBL Pee-Wee Football League'. The SWBL site has schedules, scores, standings, and other league info.
To view individual team sites go to: 'Teams/Rosters' / select the graduation year from the pull down menu / if the team has a page you'll see the link at the top of the page
* Bulletin Board - for WHF News Stories
* Calendar - Hornet SCHEDULE & other Important Dates
* Teams/Rosters - you can figure this out (each team takes care of their own site)
* Contact Info - who's on the WHF Board?
* Links - Pee-Wee Football and Monroe websites
* Directions - how to get where we're playing
* Handouts - Hornet Paperwork (not done yet)
* Forum - Post your thoughts I guess
Let me know if there's something you'd like to see...
Signups are over UNLESS... you have player going into 2nd, 3rd, or 6th grades (2nd graders would have to play with the 3rd grade team). 4th & 5th grade teams are full. If you'd like to get your little player signed up send an email to the site mailbox, or the Board members are listed under Contacts.
- Dates: 4/22, 4/29, 5/6, 5/13
- Time: 10:00-2:00 all dates
- Location: Monroe Jr/Sr High, exact room TBD
- Cost: $180 per player, discount for multiple players from same family
We are looking for NEW BOARD MEMBERS. If you're interested in Football & Helping Kids plus have some fun while getting it done let us know. You don't have to be a coach, you don't have to have a player in the league, just some time and a willingness to help out. THANKS to the 3 interested gentlemen, hopefully you'll like it and will be a part of the Wee Hornets for years to come!
Other important dates:
- Conditioning (1st day): 7/24
- Practice in Pads (1st day): 8/2
- Weigh-ins: 8/5
- Season begins: 8/19 or 8/20
ALL Coaches MUST complete a Free online course to educate themselves on signs of concussions.
Click "PLEASE LOGIN TO ORDER"
Click "REGISTER NOW"
Fill in your info
Click "SUBMIT REGISTRATION"
Go back to the NHFS Home Page
Hover over "COURSES" and Select "CONCUSSION IN SPROTS - WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW" from the Free Courses Column
Click "ORDER NOW"
Check "I'm Ordering for Myself" and Click "CONTINUE"
Select "SAVE" then "CHECKOUT" then "COMPLETE PURCHASE"
Click "HERE" then "BEGIN" to Start the Course
Again, this is not optional and MUST be completed by all Coaches & Assistant Coaches.
Links to Team Pages
There is a Teams Tab on this site. If that's the site a team will be using as their site I will note it, if not I'll post the web link (looks like you'll have to copy and paste). It's up to each teams coach to take care of the site or assign someone. If your team doesn't have anyone doing it right now and you'd like to do it let your coach know.