Here are the rules that District 4 sees being violated and would like all leagues to crack down on:
1. Parents in the dugout - Parents are not allowed in the dugout or on the field unless they have a volunteer badge issued from WLL this year. Even then, unless they are one of the 3 coaches, they should not come into the dugout during games.
2. 3 coaches period - Minors and up are only allowed to have 3 coaches in the dugout or on the field. This doesn't mean 3 coaches and the team mom - 3 adults period. TBall and Rookies are allowed 4 coaches.
3. There must be 1 coach in the dugout at all times. If you only have 2 coaches for the game, one of them needs to be in the dugout. You can have a player with a helmet on coach first or third base.
4. No open toed shoes are allowed in the dugout or on the field. This goes for coaches too. No sandals or flip flops.
5. The dugout door must be closed during the game. If a player or coach needs to leave the dugout, you must notify the umpire. If it is a child, please have their parent or a coach escort them to the restroom and back.
6. Players are not to stand in the dugout opening/doorway to the filed while waiting to bat. This is a prime spot for foul balls to hit a player. Coaches should watch out too. They need to stand back away from the opening.
These rules need to be enforced by the board members on duty and the managers and coaches of each team. This goes for all teams, regardless of where they play and what league they are with.