Westfield Youth Lacrosse
REGISTRATION OPENS FRIDAY
November 24, 2014
Welcome to the 2015 Lacrosse Season!
Online Registration for the 2015 Season will open from November 28, 2014 at 12:00 p.m. until December 31, 2014 at 12:00 p.m.
On November 28th at 12:00 p.m., a link will appear on our website (www.westfieldlax.org) in the upper right called “Online Forms”. Please click on the Player Registration Form link to register your child for the 2015 season.
All Players are REQUIRED to be current members of US Lacrosse PRIOR to Registration (you can sign up or renew here). There is a significant value to the player, the parents, and the league for our players to be part of US Lacrosse.
There are a few guidelines for the registration process :
- Team caps: There will be a maximum number of players in each division.
- Instructional - 30 players
- Mites - 50 players
- Bantam - 46 players
- Junior - 42 players
- Senior - 42 players
- No-In-Person Registration: There will not be an in-person registration, as has been done in the past. Once registration opens, we will allow online registration and payment. All payments MUST be made online.
- Multiple Player Registrations: If you are registering more than 1 player in our program, you are entitled to a discount as follows, as our website now provides for multiple registrations and payment. The discounts apply to values less than or equal to the highest registration fee:
- 2nd player – $25.00 discount
- 3rd player – $50.00 discount
- 4th player and all subsequent players thereafter – $75.00 discount
· First come, first served: Registration will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis, up to the maximum number of registrants per division. Any registrants over the number allowed for the division will be placed on a waiting list. If there are an adequate number of players on the waiting list to field another team, the league will attempt to facilitate another team, but will not provide a guarantee.
· Waiting List: If a registrant is placed on the waiting list, and a team is not created, the registration fees will be returned.
· Uniform sizing: Players MUST attend one or more of the pre-season sizing nights in order to size the player for uniforms. These will be announced at a later date.
· Shooter Shirts: Shooter shirts will be included as part of the uniform and part of the registration costs. It is no longer an option as we feel that this will provide a more consistent appearance for our players
Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions you may have and thank you; we look forward to another great season of Lacrosse!
Westfield Youth Lacrosse
GET IN THE GAME!
Board Openings 2014-2015 Season
June 30, 2014
We currently have positions open on the Board and are seeking motivated individuals who can dedicate some time in order to make the season a success.
The Marketing Director will be responsible for;
- Web and Communications - Creates and manages the look and feel of all WYL print and electronic materials including the web site. Maintains the content on all non-team website pages. Monitors the website bulletin board. Assigns website administrator access to new coaches / coordinators. Renews the website annual hosting agreement. Use the website as the focal point for posting WYL news and event information. Creates templates for team website pages.
- Sponsorship - responsible for obtaining sponsors for WYL and all forms of communication to sponsors will be handled by the Marketing Director. Responsible for maintaining, continually updating, and working to add to the sponsor list, inclusion of sponsorship information on the WYL web site, records of mailings, received donations, and other pertinent correspondence will be maintained and provided to the Secretary for future reference. Provide a list of current sponsors to the President when sponsorship is received from individuals or organizations that provide sponsorship to WYL through financial donations, services or any other means.
- Publicity - promoting the activities of WYL in the media (e.g., banners, flyers, direct mail, social media) as approved by the Board of Directors. Annual responsibilities to include but not limited to the following: social media, newspaper adds, sign-up flyers, sponsorship acknowledgement posters, coordination with local newspapers for game coverage, sign-up banners, boost activity promotions, and distribution of annual meeting notices to parents.
Works with the Board to identify the site for registration each year and works with the applicable parties to secure the date. Coordinates registration forms, handouts, volunteer forms, and the collection of fees. Coordinates with Marketing Director for online registration, to set-up the facility, invite vendor participation, and provide promotional displays. Maintains the overall registration roster and makes the information available to all team coaches and board members. Collaborates with Marketing Director to promote the registration event. Identifies applicable tournaments for Bantam-Senior levels including event dates, fees, and contact details. Works with the Treasurer to determine if proper funding is available, and records team funded tournament activities. Event details will be recorded for future reference. Registration will be coordinated by the Registrar. The logistics for tournaments will be handled by the applicable coach.
Director of Player Development:
Collaborate with WYL Vice President to continually implement and revise WYL Player and Coach Development Plans and report back to the Board of Directors monthly. Coordinate staff and facilitate all WYL player skill clinics. Attend, at a minimum, 2 practices for all teams during the season. Work with Parent Liaison and to deliver parent education. Organize and develop workshop and clinics for coaches. Ensure that player evaluations are completed and collected at the beginning and the end of the season.
If you are interested, or know someone may be a good fit for either of these positions, please email email@example.com for more information.
2014 Platinum Sponsors
March 13, 2014
2014 Gold Sponsors
March 13, 2014
September 11, 2013
Our youth lacrosse program relies heavily on sponsorships for funding. We strive to offer players a very positive experience through free professionally run clinics, strong instructional and team programs, as well as opportunities for community involvement. We do all of this while maintaining low fees.
If your company or employer may consider becoming a sponsor, then we gratefully ask that you look at the sponsorship letter for sponsor level details.
If there are any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Thank you so much for your consideration.
For a complete calendar listing, click here!