All Coaches and Assistant Cori
All coaches/assistant coaches, 18 & over, need to complete the Mass Youth Soccer Cori process ASAP. There is a link on the WYS website or you can reach out to the email@example.com.
Saturday September 10th Whitman Youth Soccer annual parade. All teams will meet behind the fire department in the Old Armory parking lot at 8:00am. The parade route is up Washington St. to the Lower town park. Whitman Youth Soccer is asking all families to donate a 12 pack of water, Gatorade or soda to help stock the concession stand. All donations can be dropped off before the parade in the Armory parking lot.
The Instructional Division
Wednesday, September 7th from 6:00 to 6:30 at the Whitman Middle School cafeteria
We will have a coaches meeting just prior to the meet & greet from 6:00 to 6:30. This will give us an opportunity to go over the upcoming season, practice considerations, hand out equipment, uniforms, etc. Please try and leave the kids at home for this meeting (if possible). We usually have a lot to go over in a short amount of time.
Wednesday, September 7th from 6:30 to 7:30 at the Whitman Middle School cafeteria
will start off with a Meet & Greet night on. Parents and players will have a chance to meet with their coach, pick up a team shirt, and create a team banner for the parade for the parade the kids can customize. This is the fun part of the night! Most coaches will put the team name on the board and then just let the kids sign it or color on it.
Saturday September 10th Instructional teams play after the parade at 12:15pm - 1:30 behind the Whitman Middle School beginning on September 10th through October 29th. Teams will start off with a 45 minute practice followed by a game. All players are expected to have shin guards (mandatory) covered by socks, no jewelry is allowed (earrings, necklaces, etc.), and cleats are optional but preferred.
The Instructional division has 8 teams this year with smaller team sizes, so that the rosters are more manageable for the coaches. Team rosters will be out in the next week and parents can expect an email or call from their coach.
Coaches Needed As for coaches, we are currently in need of two additional head coaches and several assistant coaches. You do not need prior coaching experience to help out. We will provide instruction plans and guidance each week to make sure the kids are learning while having fun! It is a great opportunity to get involved with your child's athletics. At this age level, the focus is on the kids having a ball at their feet at all times since dribbling is the main skill needed to play soccer. Please reach out to me if you have any interest at all in helping coach this year contact Eric Frank The more coaches we have the more things run more smoothly and currently we do not have enough coaches.
Open positions of Instructional Director and Concession Stand Director
Whitman Youth Soccer is currently seeking volunteers to fill the positions of Instructional Director and Concession Stand Director (2 openings).
The Instructional Director shall:
1. Upon notification of game postponements by the Field Manager, notify the coaches in their respective divisions.
2. Handle all problems and questions pertaining to the operation of his or her division and act as liaisons between coaches and the Executive Board.
3. Run a meeting, for all coaches, to review rules, policies and procedures of Whitman Youth Soccer, Inc. prior to the start of each playing season.
4. Promote awareness of public soccer events including tournaments, skills training, and other that are in support of player development and do not conflict with the Whitman Youth Soccer, Inc. initiative.
The Concession Stand Directors shall:
1. Raise money for Whitman Youth Soccer, Inc. through the sale of food and other articles at league games and other occasions deemed appropriate by the directors.
2. Arrange for the purchase, storage, maintenance and transportation of any equipment or vehicles used and the purchase and maintenance of the inventory of sale items.
3. Maintain equipment in a safe and sanitary condition.
4. Secure any permits, insurance, and registration required by law or ordinance and make any needed arrangements with local school or town authorities.
5. Keep records of cash expended and collected, and give financial reports at the end of each playing season.
If you have any questions or would like to further discuss the Instructional Director position, please feel free to reach out to Eric Frank at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions related to the Concession Stand Director, please reach out to Helen Iannone at email@example.com.
Saturday September 10th will kick-off our Whitman Youth Soccer annual parade. Parents and Players will need to be at the American Legion parking lot (behind fire station) at 8:00am. Parade will start promptly at 8:30 am there will be a truck in the parking lot for players to drop off donations of water, sports drink, and soda, for the snack shack.