- WYS IS LOOKING FOR REFEREES
- FALL 2015 REGISTRATION IS OPEN
- THANK YOU TO ALL OUR SPONSORS
- LICENSE COACHING COURSE
- WYS IS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS
Saturday September 12th We will kick-off our 40th season of Whitman Youth Soccer with our annual parade. Parents and Players will need to be there at 8:00am. Parade will start promptly at 8:30 am from the There will be a truck in the American Legion parking lot for players to drop off there donation's of water, sports drink, and soda. We will also have another truck to collect used soccer equipment (cleats, shinguards, etc) for a donation to the Haiti.
Annie Gray will be hosting a blood drive for Boston Children's Hospital in memory of her son Ethan Gray at the Whitman First Congregational Church ( 519 Washington St ). The day of the Whitman youth Soccer parade Saturday September 12th from 9am-3pm. They take donors from 16 years old (with parent permission) and up with a valid photo ID. Each donor can save the lives of up to 4 children.
Coaches, Parent and Players info:
1) In preparation for the start of the FALL 2015 season, Whitman Youth Soccer (WYS) we will be holding a MANDATORY Coaches Clinic on Tuesday September 1st at Whitman Middle School (WMS) Front Field from 6-7 pm. Equipment for the season will be handed out at the clinic.
Inquiries regarding the Coaches Clinic should be addressed to your respective Director: Eric Frank, Instructional Director firstname.lastname@example.org, Helen Iannone, Girls Director email@example.com - Bill Cordaro, Boys Director firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inquiries regarding equipment, practice schedule, and game schedule (upon receipt) should be directed to Jerry Amado, General Manager email@example.com.
2) We will hold our Field Day to prepare fields and nets on Saturday September 5th at 7 am at WMS. Inquiries regarding field maintenance should be directed to Shawn Fitzgerald firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Skills Clinics for U8-U15 will begin the week of September 6th. These clinics will run for 6 weeks. Girls will be 4 pm to 5 pm. Boys will be 5 pm to 6 pm at the WMS Front Field. Tuesdays - U12 and U15. Wednesdays - U8. Thursdays - U10. Please do not schedule your practice on the day of your age group. Coaches are highly encouraged to participate and assist the UKElite staff. This is a great opportunity to pick up skills and drills to incorporate into your practices. Inquiries regarding Skills Clinics should be directed to Michele Korzec, Vice President email@example.com.
4) Team rosters will be completed soon. Following the receipt of team rosters, inquiries should be directed to David Codero, Registrar firstname.lastname@example.org or your respective Director.
5) Lastly, if you know anyone who would be interested in helping out at the Concession Stand, please have them contact Helen Iannone email@example.com.
6.) COACHES GUIDELINES 2015. CLICK HERE FOR HANDOUT
Have a great season and thank you for volunteering,
U6 Instructional Division Information
The U6 teams play at 12:00 each Saturday behind the Whitman Middle School. There will be a 45 minute practice followed by a game with everything wrapping up by 1:30 each week. The season ends on Saturday, October 31st.
Players are required to have shin guards, cleats are optional. Also, please bring a size #3 soccer ball if you have one.
There will be a meet & greet night in early September so the players can meet their coaches and create a poster for the parade. Details to come at a later time.
If you have any questions please reach out to the Instructional Director, Eric Frank, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CORI Update - Questions and Answers
Here are a few answers to some questions that we have received regarding the new CORI process:
Q. What form do you need a copy of?
A. The "MYS Adult Participant Agreement." This is the "Agreement" that you clicked to agree to just prior to signing-out. If you registered and didn't print the document follow these instructions - Go back to the MYS website and click on the "Adult Registration Portal." Then click "Register Here." Then at the top right click the blue tab "Registration." Login and go through the same instructions without entering new information. It will bring you to the "Agreement" with the option to print.
Q. Even if we complete online adult registration and get cleared Cori online we still need to print out a copy and bring it to the registrar?
A. Yes - bring your drivers license or other valid form of ID. It is a MYS requirement.
Q. This says the form must be submitted in person. Where do I bring it?
A. This form must be signed and presented in person to the Registrar (David Codero) anytime. I will be at the coaches clinic (9/1), U6 Meet and Greet as WMS (9/9 @6:30 pm), Opening Day (9/12), and our next meeting (TBD). My phone is 781-710-3709.
Q. What do I do if there is incorrect information?
A. If any of your information is incorrect and can't be corrected (i.e. DOB and other) - I cannot correct it. Contact Ms. Mary Relic, MYS CORI Administrator Director at email@example.com or 978-446-8812 x222.
FYI - You will receive a confirmation email once you complete the registration. Please read it carefully and follow the instructions (if applicable).
All adult volunteers 18 years of age and older:
As discussed in our last meeting, MA Youth Soccer (MYS) has implemented their new CORI process for ALL adult volunteers 18 year of age and older. In short, ALL adult volunteers 18 years of age and older have to act - It takes less than 5 minutes for returning users!
As outlined in the attached information, "Every adult...who may have the opportunity to have direct and unmonitored access to children is required by state law to complete the CORI certification process" through MYS. Along with the CORI process, all coaches must notify the WYS Board of any volunteer who may be on the field of play or on the player sideline for insurance purposes - No exceptions. Basically, no player and no person may be on the field of play or player sideline during a practice or game unless they are registered with the WYS fall 2015 season and CORI'd (if applicable). Please note that this is a Whitman Youth Soccer (WYS) standing rule that is in support of our foremost responsibility - Protection of the players, the volunteers, and the spectators.
Simply, if you have never submitted and/or been approved a CORI through MYS you are considered a "New User". If your name is included on the attached list (submitted/cleared a CORI to MYS within the past two years) you are considered a "Returning User." First take a "Selfie" with a smartphone or have a digital photograph ready for uploading (no hats or sunglasses). Go to the MYS website at www.mayouthsoccer.org/programs/cori.update.aspx click on "ADULT AND CORI REGISTRATIONS" then click on "Click Here to go to the Adult Registration Portal" and then click on the appropriate link. Follow the instructions.
After completing the printed form, the adult must submit their form in person to the WYS Registrar and provide proof of identity by using their driver’s license at/by our next meeting in September 2015. Please notify the Registrar if there is any incorrect information. Both the CORI subject (adult completing the form) and the Registrar (WYS's CORI submitter) must sign the form using a pen (ink). If you haven't done so already, notify the registrar firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan on having additional volunteers for your team. Don't delay!