All Coaches and Assistant Cori
All coaches/assistant coaches, 18 & over, need to complete the Mass Youth Soccer Cori process ASAP. There is a link on the WYS website or you can reach out to the registrar.
Click here to go to CORI page http://tinyurl.com/zxoupuc
The Instructional Division
Instructional teams play Saturday's 12:15pm - 1:30pm behind the Whitman Middle School beginning on September 10th through October 29th. Teams will start off with a 45 minute practice followed by a game. All players are expected to have shin guards (mandatory) covered by socks, no jewelry is allowed (earrings, necklaces, etc.), and cleats are optional but preferred.
Open positions of Instructional Director and Concession Stand Director
Whitman Youth Soccer is currently seeking volunteers to fill the positions of Instructional Director and Concession Stand Director (2 openings).
The Instructional Director shall:
1. Upon notification of game postponements by the Field Manager, notify the coaches in their respective divisions.
2. Handle all problems and questions pertaining to the operation of his or her division and act as liaisons between coaches and the Executive Board.
3. Run a meeting, for all coaches, to review rules, policies and procedures of Whitman Youth Soccer, Inc. prior to the start of each playing season.
4. Promote awareness of public soccer events including tournaments, skills training, and other that are in support of player development and do not conflict with the Whitman Youth Soccer, Inc. initiative.
The Concession Stand Directors shall:
1. Raise money for Whitman Youth Soccer, Inc. through the sale of food and other articles at league games and other occasions deemed appropriate by the directors.
2. Arrange for the purchase, storage, maintenance and transportation of any equipment or vehicles used and the purchase and maintenance of the inventory of sale items.
3. Maintain equipment in a safe and sanitary condition.
4. Secure any permits, insurance, and registration required by law or ordinance and make any needed arrangements with local school or town authorities.
5. Keep records of cash expended and collected, and give financial reports at the end of each playing season.
If you have any questions or would like to further discuss the Instructional Director position, please feel free to reach out to Eric Frank at Boys Director for questions related to the Concession Stand Director, please reach out to Helen Iannone at Girls Director
Saturday September 10th will kick-off our Whitman Youth Soccer annual parade. Parents and Players will need to be at the American Legion parking lot (behind fire station) at 8:00am. Parade will start promptly at 8:30 am there will be a truck in the parking lot for players to drop off donations of water, sports drink, and soda, for the snack shack.