|10th Anniversary Tournament Countdown...|
Welcome to the Home of the
Western Maryland Youth Lacrosse Conference
The 2013 End of Year Tournament is this weekend!
Venue location is Heritage Farm Park, Walkersville, MD - Directions
The BOYS TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE for MAY 18, 2013 is HERE
The GIRLS TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE for MAY 19, 2013 is HERE
Tournament Map - As soon as you enter the park there is a very large parking lot on the riight and that is your best bet for parking. There will be attendants assisting. There is absolutely no parking on the grass. Cars will be towed. This is a GVAA rule which you must abide to!
Tournament Rules are now posted HERE.
WMYLC will have tent set up in the middle of all the fields for any questions or issues that may arise.
Grilling is NOT allowed in the park.
8th Grade All-Star Game
2013 8th Grade All-Star Game
Location: Linganore High School
Time: 6:00PM - Girls; 7:30PM - Boys
The 2013 all-star game which celebrates our rising stars in their final year of eligibility with WMYLC prior to entering high school. This year's game will be held at Linganore High School on Wednesday May 22, 2013. Girls game will begin at 6:00 PM and the boys will follow at approximately 7:30 PM. Come help us recognize and cheer on our graduating 8th grade lacrosse players.
Please be sure to visit the vendor who are participating with us this year!!!
Vendors who have signed up include:
Tournament T-Shirt Presale
T-Shirt Presale is Over.You may purchase a shirt on the day of the event at the T-shirt Tent for TeamZilla. Thank you to the hundreds of people that have made this a huge success!
Welcome & Mission Statement
The mission, purpose, and goals of the Western Maryland Youth Lacrosse Conference (WMYLC) are:
We will be sending out lacrosse announcements throughout the year. If you would like to be included please click HERE to add your email/name to our list.
- To provide the youth (boys and girls) residing within the geographical boundaries of the Western Maryland Area (including Western Carroll County, Frederick County, and Washington County) a healthful, enjoyable leisure time activity and, as part of the experience, to promote qualities that may help them in later life such as sportsmanship, team skills, positive work-ethic, and integrity.
- To promote the sport of Lacrosse in the Western Maryland Area by providing educational activities in the play of the game, rules, and coaching.
- To coordinate lacrosse practice and game activities in the Western Maryland Area and to seek to minimize conflicts regarding resources such as fields, referees, coaches, and equipment.
- To provide training clinics for players new to the sport in order to add new players to the game.
- To provide training and certification clinics in the rules of the game, lacrosse coaching fundamentals, player safety, and leadership skills for coaches participating in the conference.
- To provide year round lacrosse opportunities including (but not limited to): Spring season outdoor field lacrosse games, Summer league outdoor field lacrosse games, Fall outdoor field lacrosse games, special tournaments, lacrosse skills clinics for new and experienced players, and coaching training.
- To promote lacrosse opportunities for all age groups and skill levels including (but not limited to): Elementary School age, Middle School age, High School age, and College age boys and girls.
- To promote advancement of Lacrosse as a team sport in the Secondary Schools in the Western Maryland Area including Public and Private School Teams, Varsity, Junior Varsity, and 9th Grade Teams.
- To act as a coordinating body with external organizations such as other sports leagues, county field assignors, and referees organizations.
- To coordinate fund raising activities for Lacrosse in the Western Maryland Area towards the realizing goals stated above
For a complete calendar listing, click here!
||Western Maryland Youth Lacrosse Conference