Last Updated: October 8, 2015
A Breed Apart
A Wrestler, overrated, underrated…does it really matter? Believe it or not, a JV wrestler struggling to score their first takedown and the state placer going for win 100 are the same. They both have the same determination, guts and heart to walk out onto the mat alone and give 110% for six minutes in the most elemental, primal form of human sporting competition. They will both have moments of fear. They will both have moments of triumph. There will be times when the third period feels like a lifetime or times when the entire match feels like fleeting seconds. They will both have goals. The goal might be to not get pinned. The goal might be to score a tech fall in the first period. They will both work toward the ultimate goal of having the referee grab their wrist and raise their hand in the air…to capture the moment when they were the best. They will trade hundreds and hundreds of hours of training and gallons of sweat for that one moment of elation.
Practice Wrestling Attire -
T-shirt, shorts (or sweats), wrestling shoes, and headgear (no jewelry, trimmed fingernails, knee pads are optional, Mouthpiece (for braces))
Woodbridge Wrestling Club News
* Contact information can be found on the website in the "Contact Info" section.
* All wrestlers must stay on the team benches during the entire match to support their fellow teammates.
* Coaches and officials will be the "only" non-wrestlers allowed to cross the mat and sit with the team.
* Parents, family, friends and fans are asked to please stay in the spectator seating area.
* The use of vulgar or inappropriate language by anyone for any means is strictly prohibited.
*Important ~~ due to the number wrestlers we have it is important that all family members stay at the designated seating area at Avenel Middle School.
No wrestlers or family members should be on the stage ~ please ensure siblings are supervised and not near the mats where wrestlers are practicing.
For a complete calendar listing, click here!