All Participants (including coaches):
When attending a WTB event (i.e. games, practices, etc.). …
1. I will not engage in unsportsmanlike conduct with any coach, parent, player, participant, official, or any other attendee.
2. I will not engage in any behavior that would endanger the health, safety, or wellbeing of any coach, parent, player, participant, official, or any other attendee.
3. I will not use nor will I be under the influence of alcohol or illicit drugs.
4. I will not use profanity or any other offensive or aggressive language.
5. I will treat every coach, parent, player, participant, official and every other attendee with respect.
6. I will not engage in verbal or physical threats, abuse, or to become involved in a fight or scuffle, or retaliate, with any coach, parent, player, participant, official, or any other attendee.
7. I will never ridicule or yell at my child or any other participant for making a mistake or losing a game.
8. I will refrain from coaching my child or other players, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team.
9. I will never step on the field during the course of the game.
10. I will be responsible for the behavior of all my family members (including children, whether they are playing in the game or not, spouses, parents, grandparents, etc) attending an event. I will ensure that they behave in accordance with the Bulldog Code of Conduct.
11. I will inform my family members (including children, whether they are playing in the game or not, spouses, parents, grandparents, etc) that they are subject to the Bulldog Code of Conduct and to the consequences for failing to comply.
While serving as a WTB coach…
1. I will behave in a manner that demonstrates that I recognize and support the fact that this is a community-based, youth sports organization for the benefit of all the players and their families. My primary goal is to help the players have fun while teaching them good sportsmanship, teamwork and the game of baseball.
2. I fully understand that my “win/loss” record as a WTB baseball coach is not what is important.
3. I will support the efforts of all players equally.
4. I will not “run up the score”
5. I will support and abide by all the rules, including any playing time requirements, established by the age coordinator.
6. I will counsel and appropriately discipline players for unsportsmanlike conduct including “trash talking” and taunting.
Anyone who fails to behave in accordance with the Bulldog Code of Conduct while attending, coaching, officiating, or participating in a youth sports event will be subject to disciplinary action, including but not limited to the following, in any order or combination, at the sole discretion of the WTB Board of Directors:
1. Verbal warning.
2. Written warning.
3. Suspension or immediate ejection from an event.
4. Suspension from multiple events.
5. Season suspension or multiple season suspension.
6. Referral to law enforcement authorities.
Note: The most severe disciplinary action may be taken after the first infraction and shall be at the sole, unrestricted discretion of the WTB Board of Directors.