Welcome to the home of
Orland Park Boy Scout Troop 318
Photo Albums/Historian Journal
Handouts / documents
New Scout Portal
BSA Rank Requirements
Troop/Patrol Rosters - Scout accounts
Order of the Arrow
Life to Eagle
Troop Eagle Scouts
Troop History Alumni
T318 Scout Awards
Summer Camp Forms
Troop 318 Article Archives
Troop 318 Resale
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Mikey Tortorici Eagle Project
Mikey Tortorici Eagle Scout Project
Hello, my name is Mikey Tortorici and I am currently working on my Eagle project. I will be collecting brand new toys or other items such as: playing cards, Crayola products, Legos, Playdoh, and art supplies for the children at St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. St. Jude's Hospital treats children diagnosed with cancer and other childhood diseases. I hope that my collection would give some joy and comfort to the children who are undergoing treatments.
My project will take place in 2 stages. For the first stage we will walk through my neighborhood handing out flyers to as many houses as we can. I am looking for at least 8 scout volunteers and 4 adults to meet at my house, 8540 W 142nd Place, Orland Park on Saturday, November 9, from 10am-12pm. Please dress for the weather, it may be a little chilly.
The second phase will be on Saturday, November 23, from 11am to 1pm at my house, 8540 W 142nd Place, Orland Park, to count, sort and pack the donations for shipment. I would need around 4-5 scouts volunteers. Lunch will be served on both occasions.
Project Collection Dates:
Saturday, October 19, 2019 through Saturday, November 23, 2019
8540 West 142nd Place, Orland Park
Orland Park Township Office, 14807 South Ravinia Avenue
Orland Park Sportsplex, 11351 West 159th Street
Troop meetings Thursdays 7:30pm to 9pm
- November 7, Orland Jr. High School, 14855 West Avenue
- November 14, Orland Park Township Office, 14807 S Ravinia Avenue
- November 21, Orland Jr. High School, 14855 West Avenue
St. Jude’s Approved List of Donation Items:
- Playing Cards (Poker, Uno, etc.)
- Journals for adults and teens
- Items for teen boys (earbuds, car model kits)
- Teen style art kits
- Art Supplies: canvases, paint and paint brushes, sketch pads
- Construction Paper
- Crayola products (Crayons 8 count, Markers 8 and 10 count, Colored Pencils)
- Velvet art (fuzzy posters)
- Nail polish/nail polish kits and nail polish remover pads
- Playdoh brand play dough (just the dough)
- Legos for older kids including for girls
- Super Hero action figures
- Clothes and accessories for Barbie dolls
- Small infant/toddler toys for boys and girls
To reduce the chance of infection or allergic reaction all items must be brand new.
stuffed animals, toy guns, food/candy, soap bubbles, sand/clay products or balloons.
Thank you for your support!
Family Last Name:
Enter the Scout Name(s):
Contact Phone Number::
Select one or both of the following event dates:
Saturday, November 9, 2019 from 10am to 12pm at 8540 W 142nd Place, Orland Park. We will walk through my neighborhood handing out flyers to as many houses as we can.
Saturday, November 23, 2019 from 11am to 1pm at 8540 W 142nd Place, Orland Park, to count, sort and pack the donations for shipment.
Scouting Slogan -- Do a Good Turn Daily.
* indicates required fields
Orland Park Boy Scout Troop 318