Welcome to the home of the
Burlington Vintage Baseball League
Teams & Rosters
Teams & Rosters
Rules/Regulations & Forms
BVB Hall of Fame
Subscribe to our Newsletter
2018 BVB Member Waiver & Roster Registration
I have OHIP Coverage
EMERGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION
Relationship to Player:
IN CONSIDERATION of the registration of the undersigned with, and his being permitted to compete, observe, or otherwise participate in any way (including, but not limited to his involvement as a member, player, coach and/or team manager) in the amateur baseball league known as “Burlington Vintage Baseball”, (together with its member teams and any successor entity of such association, “BVB”), and/or being permitted to enter for any purpose, the area in which a BVB sanctioned baseball game, practice or other event is taking place (which includes, but is not limited to the entirety of the baseball diamond and immediate surroundings thereof utilized by BVB from time to time for such games, practices or other events) (each, a “BVB Event” and collectively “BVB Events”) the undersigned, for himself, his personal representatives, heirs, executors/estate trustee(s) and next of kin:
1. Represents and warrants that all information provided in this Player Agreement, Release and Liability Waiver (this “Agreement”) is true and correct and that he is or will be, by no later than December 31 of the year of his execution of this Agreement, thirty (30) years of age.
2. Acknowledges and agrees that all league fees are payable to BVB by the team for which the undersigned has agreed to play, and the general manager of such team will establish individual player fees, which are payable by the undersigned to such team and not to BVB directly. If the undersigned resigns or his participation as a member of BVB is otherwise terminated for any reason after signing this agreement and/or paying any fees (including as a result of suspension or expulsion as described in paragraph 5), the undersigned is not entitled to a refund or other compensation from BVB, and may only seek such recourse from his team.
3. Acknowledges and agrees that participation in the game of baseball includes inherent risk of serious personal injury and hereby elects to voluntarily participate in BVB Events, knowing that such participation may be hazardous to the undersigned and his property, and hereby assumes full responsibility for any risk of bodily injury or death arising out of or related to the participation of the undersigned in any BVB Event, whether caused by the negligence of BVB or otherwise (including, but not limited to weather conditions, playing conditions (including the bases, fences or other facilities located and/or used at a BVB Event and that may arise as a result of the performance, failure to perform, maintenance, inspection, supervision or control of such facilities and for the failure to warn of any dangerous conditions existing at such facilities) and other BVB participants) and hereby releases, waives, discharges and covenants not to claim against BVB, its directors, officers, members, agents, volunteers, sponsors and other participants, including officials (collectively, the “Releasees”) for any and all liability, claim, demand, loss, costs, damages, actions or causes of action on account of any injury to the person or property of the undersigned or resulting in the death of the undersigned, which arises out of or is related to the participation of the undersigned in a BVB Event, whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees (including the failure to protect the undersigned from any risks, dangers or hazards) or otherwise.
4. Agrees to indemnify and save and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all liability, claim, demand, loss, costs, damages, actions or causes of action that the Releasees may incur (including reasonable legal fees) due to the participation of the undersigned in BVB Events, whether caused by the negligence of the Releasees (including the failure to protect the undersigned from any risks, dangers or hazards) or otherwise.
6. Acknowledges and agrees that if any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable by any body having jurisdiction to make such finding, such provision will be severed and the balance of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect, unamended.
7. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
THE UNDERSIGNED HAS READ AND FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS AGREEMENT AND, BY SIGNING BELOW, UNDERSTANDS THAT HE IS GIVING UP CERTAIN RIGHTS, CONFIRMS THAT HE HAS DONE SO FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, GUARANTEE OR REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES BEING MADE TO HIM, AND AGREES THAT HE INTENDS TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING TO THE EXTENT THAT IT IS A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF LIABILITY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
I have Read the BVB Waiver
I Understand the BVB Waiver
I Agree to Comply With the BVB Waiver
* indicates required fields
Quality Baseball for players 30 and over