Welcome to the home of the
Burlington Vintage Baseball League
Teams & Rosters
Teams & Rosters
Rules/Regulations & Forms
BVB Hall of Fame
Subscribe to our Newsletter
2018 BVB Team Registration Form
Date of Application:
Franchise Owner Email:
Team Executive Representative:
Executive Representative Email:
General Manager Email:
General Manager Cell #:
Coach 1 Name:
Coach 1 Cell #:
Coach 2 Name:
Coach 2 Cell #:
On behalf of our baseball team (the “Team”) named above, hereby apply to Burlington Vintage Baseball (the “League”) to enter a team in the League for the 2018 baseball season, the acceptance of which is at the sole discretion of the Board of Directors of the League. This Team Application is subject to the following terms and conditions, to which the Team, by my/our signature(s) below, hereby acknowledges and agrees as follows:
1. If only the Franchise Owner is identified in this Team Application, that individual shall also be the General Manager of the Team. If the Franchise Owner and General Manager named in this Team Application are different individuals, the individual named as the General Manager shall be responsible for and represent the Team at League meetings which require the attendance of all General Managers and the authority of the General Manager will be recognized by the League and its Board of Directors and will bind the Team.
2. Neither the Franchise Owner nor the General Manager may transfer the responsibility for such role to any other person without the written consent of the Board of Directors of the League. If the Franchise Owner and the General Manager are different individuals, either may transfer the responsibility for his role entirely to the other individual, provided that written notice is provided to the Board of Directors of the League and the individual to which such responsibility is transferred agrees to the assumption of such responsibility.
3. The Team will fully participate in the League’s 2018 season, including by its attendance at all games in which it is scheduled to compete, subject to paragraph 9 of this Team Application.
4. The Team and its players will adhere fully to the League Rules and Regulations, the League Code of Conduct Policy and the Member Protection Policy as established by the League and as may be amended from time to time.
5. The Team and its players will adhere fully to the requirements of the League’s insurance policies.
6. The Franchise Owner and/or General Manager shall, on behalf of the Team:
a. submit a deposit of one thousand, seven hundred dollars ($1,700.00) (the “Deposit”) to the League by e-mail money transfer as directed by the League by no later than March 3, 2018; and
b. submit the Annual Team Fee, less the Deposit, to the League on or prior to the payment date(s) established by the Board of Directors of the League, the amount of which Annual Team Fee will be established by the Board of Directors of the League and communicated to the Franchise Owner and the General Manager after acceptance of this Team Application.
7. The Franchise Owner(s)/General Manager(s) will be solely responsible to recover the cost of the Deposit and the Annual Team Fee from the players on the Team. The League is not responsible for receiving, nor will it assist the Team in recovering any fees/costs from individual players. The League is not responsible for any financial costs, budgets or administration of the Team.
8. The Team will be subject to a late fee of $50.00 per week that any amounts owing to the League remain outstanding, and may be subject to its registration with the League being revoked in the event the Team fails to meet ALL payment deadlines as established by the Board of Directors of the League, in which case all amounts previously paid to the League, except the Deposit, will be returned to the Team.
9. Any cheque(s) submitted by the Team to the League which are cancelled or returned “NSF” must be replaced by a certified cheque and will be subject to a service charge of $50.00, which amount shall be added to such certified cheque. The Team will not be permitted to participate in its next scheduled game if any amounts owing to the League are outstanding by the time such game is scheduled to commence.
10. The Team shall submit a complete roster (which shall consist of a minimum of twelve (12) and a maximum of twenty-two (22) players, each of whom must be 30 years of age by not later than December 31 of the calendar year of the season to which this Team Application applies) and a Player Agreement, Release and Liability Waiver from each player identified on such roster in accordance with the deadlines established by the Board of Directors of the League, which deadline will not be later than the start time of the Team’s first scheduled regular season game. No more than one (1) player on the Team’s roster may be signed to play for a competitive senior team in the current season (including within the Ontario Baseball Association or the Intercounty Baseball League). The Team will be entitled to draw from the League’s draft/waiting list if necessary to add players to its roster.
11. All players on the Team must wear identical matching uniforms consisting of a jersey (each of which must be separately numbered), hat, and baseball pants when on field during a game and must adhere to the uniform guidelines set forth in the League Rules and Regulations. The Team is responsible for supplying all of its players with such uniforms and all costs associated with such supply.
12. The Team shall supply a set of equipment in accordance with the League Rules and Regulations and ensure that all such equipment meets League-approved guidelines. The Team will receive an equipment list stating all equipment that the Team is required to supply and, prior to the commencement of the season, a representative of the Board of Directors may inspect the Team’s equipment to ensure it satisfies such guidelines, including with respect to established safety standards.
13. The Team and its players will be responsible for the supply of player bats, all of which must be wood or wood composite. No other bats, including aluminum are permitted to be used during any League games or League-sanctioned activities.
14. Upon acceptance by the League and fulfilling the membership requirements of BVB set forth in the Constitution and By-Laws, the Team will be notified it is a Member Club of the season to which this Team Application applies.
15. Upon acceptance by the League, the Team will be supplied with the following:
a. three (3) baseballs for each regular season home game;
b. one (1) scorebook; and
c. one (1) copy of the League Rules and Regulations.
The Franchise Owner and the General Manager (if different) of the Team has signed this Team Application on the date(s) set forth beneath their signature(s) below to signify his/their commitment to enter the Team in the League and to be bound by the terms and conditions herein.
Signed First Name:
Signed Last Name:
Quality Baseball for players 30 and over