Welcome to MGSL
The Midland Girls Softball League
Sayings & Quotes
Area Softball Links
Teams & Rosters
Divisions of Play
Video Tip of the Week
MGSL Code of Conduct
Rules of Play
MGSL Clinics & Camps
Fundamentals & Drills
Subscribe to our Newsletter
2020 Summer Clinic Registration
All sensitive player information will remain strictly confidential to the Midland Girls Softball League and Midland Parks & Recreation Dept. and will not be shared or distributed in anyway without the parent’s consent.
Bullock Creek Public Schools
Calvary Baptist Academy
Coleman Public Schools
Meridian Public Schools
No experience, but interested in learning
My daughter has pitched in the past
My daughter is willing to catch on occasion
My daughter would like to develop her catching skills
Any allergies or health concerns that we should be aware of?:
Shirt Size (Youth and Adult sizing, if in doubt, please size up):
Has your daughter participated in organized softball previously? If yes, when did she last play and in what age division?:
Please list any friends that your daughter would like to be grouped with for clinic activities.:
Additional comments or requests:
Email (primary contact source for league and coach):
Phone (Voice communication):
Phone (Text messaging):
PARENT / CHILD CODE OF CONDUCT
The essential elements of character building and ethics in sports are embodied in the concept of sportsmanship and six core principles: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and good citizenship. The highest potential of sports is achieved when competition reflects these “six pillars of character”.
I therefore agree:
1. I will not force my child to play sports.
2. I will remember that children participate to have fun and that the game is for youths, not adults.
3. I will inform the coach of any physical disability of ailment that may affect the safety of my child or others.
4. I will learn the rules of the game and the policies of the league.
5. I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game and practice.
6. I (and my guests) will not encourage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player or parent such as booing and taunting; refusing to shake hands; or using profane language or gestures.
7. I will teach my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
8. I will demand that my child treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
9. I will teach my child that doing ones’ best is more important than winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game or his/her performance.
10. I will praise my child for competing fairly and trying hard and make my child feel like a winner every time.
11. I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participants for making a mistake or losing.
12. I will respect the officials and their authority during games and will never question, discuss or confront coaches on the game field. I will take time to speak to coaches at an agreed upon time and place.
13. I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco and alcohol and I will refrain from their use at games and practices.
14. I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices.
15. I will voice my grievances, concerns or issues to the appropriate league persons. I will do so in a constructive manner and will not make negative, unnecessary comments to players, coaches, officials or other parents. I recognize that I always have the option of contacting the league President.
16. I will follow the Parent Agreement.
I also agree that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to the following:
A. Verbal warning by official, coach or league President.
B. Written Warning.
C. Parental game suspension with written documentation of incident kept on file with the league.
D. Game forfeit through the official or coach.
E. Parental season suspension.
I hereby give my consent for my child to participate in the Midland Girls Softball League. I accept full responsibility for any injury incurred as a result of that participation. I will hold the league, its officers, coaches and/or the City of Midland harmless.
I give the Midland Girls Softball League and Midland Parks & Recreation the right to use, reproduce, and/or distribute photographs, videos of me/my child for non-commercial use including but not limited to the website, brochures, pamphlets, and public media.
I agree that the information that I have provided on the registration form is accurate to the best of my knowledge.
I agree to abide by the Parent / Child Code of Conduct.
I understand that my registration will not be accepted if I do not complete the online payment process after submitting the form.
I understand that a valid birth certificate is required to be on file with Midland Girls Softball League prior to any participation with the Midland Girls Softball League.
By submitting this form, you agree to the clinic fee of $50 per participant. Payment is due at the first session via cash or check made out to the Midland Girls Softball League (MGSL). Any requests to withdraw from camp prior to the first session should be made via email to theMGSL@gmail.com
* indicates required fields
The Midland Girls Softball League
Page visits in 2017