Welcome to MGSL
The Midland Girls Softball League
Sayings & Quotes
Area Softball Links
Teams & Rosters
Divisions of Play
Video Tip of the Week
MGSL Code of Conduct
Rules of Play
MGSL Clinics & Camps
Fundamentals & Drills
Subscribe to our Newsletter
2020 Spring League Registration
All sensitive player information will remain strictly confidential to the Midland Girls Softball League and Midland Parks & Recreation Dept. and will not be shared or distributed in anyway without the parent’s consent.
Bullock Creek Public Schools
Calvary Baptist Academy
Coleman Public Schools
Meridian Public Schools
Beginner (25% of pitches are strikes)
Intermediate (Walks 2 or fewer most innings)
Advanced (throws with velocity and control)
My daughter has no interest in catching
Catcher is my daughter's primary position
My daughter likes to catch ~ 1 inning each game
My daughter can catch in a pinch, but prefers other positions
Any allergies or health concerns that we should be aware of?:
Shirt Size (Youth and Women's sizing, if in doubt, please size up):
!! Select the appropriate division !! (Girls may request to play up)
(By default, players will be placed by their age on Dec 31, 2019.)
6U Tee Ball (birth year 2013 or later)
6U Coach Pitch (birth year 2013 or later)
8U (birth year 2011 or later)
11U (birth year 2008 or later)
Evaluations will be held for all girls registering for the 11U division. Most players should play in the division corresponding to their age, however experienced 8 year olds (2011 birth year) are encouraged to play in the 11U division. Play-up requests will be granted based on skill level and roster size. 6 year olds (2013 birth year) may elect to play in the 8U division. First time 6U players should strongly consider playing in the 6U Tee Ball division.
Comments (Division placement or team requests):
Email (primary contact source for league and coach):
Additional email address:
Phone (Voice communication):
Phone (Text messaging):
Please consider volunteering with MGSL as a head coach or assistant coach, or team parent. Small teams are critical for the development of our young players and are only possible with many adult volunteers. All coaches must submit the coach volunteer form located on our website.
Volunteering for this player's team:
Head Coach (Must also complete Coaching Volunteer form)
Assistant Coach (Must also complete Coaching Volunteer form)
Team Parent (Assist head coach with communication, snacks & fundraising)
League volunteer (Please complete Non-Coaching Volunteer form)
Each girl is required to provide a copy of her birth certificate once throughout her tenure with MGSL. Copies may be submitted in person to the Midland Parks & Rec office at 4811 N. Saginaw Rd., Midland, MI 48640. or at any MGSL event. Birth certificates can also be submitted electronically to email@example.com.
To verify if your daughter's birth certificate is on file with the MGSL, please review the list of current birth certificates on file located in the Printable Forms/Flyers section of our website.
PARENT / CHILD CODE OF CONDUCT
The essential elements of character building and ethics in sports are embodied in the concept of sportsmanship and six core principles: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and good citizenship. The highest potential of sports is achieved when competition reflects these “six pillars of character”.
I therefore agree:
1. I will not force my child to play sports.
2. I will remember that children participate to have fun and that the game is for youths, not adults.
3. I will inform the coach of any physical disability of ailment that may affect the safety of my child or others.
4. I will learn the rules of the game and the policies of the league.
5. I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game and practice.
6. I (and my guests) will not encourage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player or parent such as booing and taunting; refusing to shake hands; or using profane language or gestures.
7. I will teach my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
8. I will demand that my child treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
9. I will teach my child that doing ones’ best is more important than winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game or his/her performance.
10. I will praise my child for competing fairly and trying hard and make my child feel like a winner every time.
11. I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participants for making a mistake or losing.
12. I will respect the officials and their authority during games and will never question, discuss or confront coaches on the game field. I will take time to speak to coaches at an agreed upon time and place.
13. I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco and alcohol and I will refrain from their use at games and practices.
14. I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices.
15. I will voice my grievances, concerns or issues to the appropriate league persons. I will do so in a constructive manner and will not make negative, unnecessary comments to players, coaches, officials or other parents. I recognize that I always have the option of contacting the league President.
16. I will follow the Parent Agreement.
I also agree that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to the following:
A. Verbal warning by official, coach or league President.
B. Written Warning.
C. Parental game suspension with written documentation of incident kept on file with the league.
D. Game forfeit through the official or coach.
E. Parental season suspension.
I hereby give my consent for my child to participate in the Midland Girls Softball League. I accept full responsibility for any injury incurred as a result of that participation. I will hold the league, its officers, coaches and/or the City of Midland harmless.
I give the Midland Girls Softball League and Midland Parks & Recreation the right to use, reproduce, and/or distribute photographs, videos of me/my child for non-commercial use including but not limited to the website, brochures, pamphlets, and public media.
I agree that the information that I have provided on the registration form is accurate to the best of my knowledge.
I agree to abide by the Parent / Child Code of Conduct.
I understand that my registration will not be accepted if I do not complete the online payment process after submitting the form.
I understand that a valid birth certificate is required to be on file with Midland Girls Softball League prior to any participation with the Midland Girls Softball League.
To offset the cost of team equipment and park upgrades, players will sell tickets to a raffle drawing to be held in early June. Raffle tickets sell for $5 and each player is required to purchase 6 tickets with her registration. Families with multiple players are required to purchase a total of 9 tickets. Tickets will be distributed on Opening Day. Parents retain the proceeds of their ticket sales (ie, sell all 6 tickets and you get your $30 back). Additional raffle tickets will be available from the league in late April and May for $2.50 each.
1) Submit this form and pay via credit card below.
2) Submit this form without payment and then mail a check ($90 for 6U & 8U divisions & $110 for 11U) to MGSL PO Box 1851 Midland, MI 48641
3) Stop into Parks & Rec to complete form and make payment. (Please use as a last resort to avoid extra work for office staff)
PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED BY MARCH 1ST TO GUARANTEE PLACEMENT ON A SPRING ROSTER
* indicates required fields
$90 - 6U - $60 plus mandatory raffle ticket purchase ($30*)
$90 - 8U - $60 plus mandatory raffle ticket purchase ($30*)
$110 - 11U - $80 plus mandatory raffle ticket purchase ($30*)
The Midland Girls Softball League
Page visits in 2017