- All mats are cleaned with disinfectant prior to practice by coaches
- Use restroom PRIOR to practice. Wearing wrestling shoes into public restrooms is not allowed
- Wrestlers NOT permitted out of wrestling room once practice begins.
- Bring own water (more than 16oz)
- Parents are discouraged from remaining at practice as rooms are not big enough. Siblings are OFF LIMITS at practice
- Each wrestler must shower after each practice. Use good anti-bacterial soap.
- Must wear wrestling shoes at practice and match.
- DO NOT WEAR wrestling shoes outside of practice area.
- MUST wear headgear during practice and when wrestling live.
Headgear is MANDATORY at all matches
- No belts, buckles, zippers, buttons, snaps, jewelry etc.
- Shorts and snug fitting t-shirts for practice
- No loose baggy shorts or sweat pants for practice.
If you want to wear more clothing, it must be tight fitting.
- Bring a change of clothes for after practice. Appropriate jackets and hats are expected.
- Recommend vitamin C during season
- Recommend balanced diet.
- Weight loss by permission of parent only. Must discuss with Doug Makosy – Hawk Staff will have final decision.
- Trim finger nails on regular basis. This is a league requirement and is strictly enforced.
- Watch hair length. If too long, they may not be able to wrestle until it gets cut.
- If you are sick, please stay home.
- Coaches and Hawks staff have the final word in all matters. If there is a difference of opinion you need to discuss, contact the coach or commissioner after practice or after a meet.