Player Safety and Coaching Requirements
ALL COACHES MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING PRIOR TO STEPPING ON THE PRACTICE FIELD. TEAM MOM/ADMINISTRATOR IS ALSO REQUIRED TO COMPLETE BACKGROUND CHECK. ALL OF THE BELOW IS TO BE INCLUDED IN THE TEAM HANDBOOK WHICH SHOULD BE PRESENT AT ALL PRACTICES AND GAMES.
- NAYS Certification ($25.00). If you need to get an initial certification, or you simply need to renew your current one, the CCYFL requires coaches to get their certification through the National Alliance for Youth Sports (NAYS)
- Concussion Certification (FREE). ALL coaches AND assistant coaches MUST take an online concussion certification course (a decision made by CCYFL.com). This online certification course can be taken here: http://www.cdc.gov/concussion/HeadsUp/online_training.html
- Lindsay's Law: Sudden Cardiac Arrest in Youth Athletes (FREE). ALL coaches AND assistant coaches MUST complete the Lindsay's Law training certification. This online certification course can be taken here: https://www.odh.ohio.gov/landing/Lindsays-Law.aspx
- Coaches Code of Conduct. ALL coaches AND assistant coaches MUST sign the coaches code of conduct outlining coach expectations and minimum playing time requirements.
- Background checks ($35.00). Available at Sheriff's department