Registration for the Fall 2018 season will be at the Saches Parks & Recreation Meeting Room on April 21st from 9:00am to 12:00pm, April 23rd from 6:00pm to 8:00pm, and April 30th from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. Come out to one of the events to register for the fall season, meet some of the coaches, Team Moms, and board members, purchase spirit wear, and be sized for the uniform.
$225 for the fall season
- Girls entering 3rd-6th grade
- Completed registration form with parent/guardian signature
- Participant must wear swimsuit to registration to be fitted for uniform
- Attend Saturday pre-season day camps on July 21st and August 4th
- Practices 2 nights per week and game performances on Saturdays (~ 4-6 hrs/week).
- Practices will be Tuesdays and Thursdays, starting the second week in August from 6:15pm to 7:30pm at Whitt Elementary.
- Practices are held outdoors.
- Performances in the fall are at Founders Park, Field #5 (behind Wylie Football Stadium)
- March together as a team in local parades
- End-of-season showcase for parents, family, and friends
Returning 6th graders are able to audition for an officer position.
A dancer is able to serve as an officer if she meets ALL of the following requirements:
- Entering the 6th grade in the upcoming school year.
- A member of Wylie Drill Team for one previous season.
- Learn an audition routine provided by WDT AND attend a rehearsal.
- Audition for a panel of judges
- Answer brief verbal questions for the judges at your audition to demonstrate leadership.
- Attend a mandatory officers’ camp.
- Make Wylie Drill Team your number one priority extracurricular activity (outside of family and church). Officers commit to attend all practices, parades, other special events, additional practice for specialty dances, etc.