Free Football Player USA Membership / Free Insurance
All coaches and players must complete the online NFL FLAG Participation Agreement in order to be eligible to participate in NFL Flag football. It only takes a minute and completion of the agreements provides free NFL Flag player insurance coverage and gives coaches and parents a free membership to the USA Football website which provides lots of information, tools and many online resources for coaches and parents regarding flag and tackle football.
Please follow the links below to complete your online NFL Flag agreement and receive your free player insurance & USA Football membership. Thanks for your support of NFL Flag football!!
Principles for Parents / Code of Conduct
Parents, athletes and coaches must work together for the best possible youth football experience and performance. The following suggestions are meant as general guidelines for parents. As a parent, you understand the daily pressures your child faces. We believe that football should be an outlet for fun. Encourage your child and allow them to have a good time.
- Parents are expected to provide accurate information regarding player's school grade and other information. Discovery of inaccurate information regarding a player's grade may result in removal of the player from his/her team.
- Remember that your child learns more from your actions than your words. Practice good sportsmanship by being respectful to players, parents and coaches on both teams.
- There is nothing wrong with applauding a good play made by the opponents. Parents can be good role models by appreciating the efforts made by both teams.
- Most coaches are volunteers and work hard at what they do. To lessen confusion, and out of respect for their position, please allow your child’s coach to be the only one coaching players on the field.
- Please do not approach coaches immediately before, during or following a game to discuss play or playing time.
- Please wait 24 hours after a game before discussing any issues with coaches. Please resolve any differences at a reasonable time and make an appointment to do so.
- Please maintain a positive attitude and emphasize teamwork and cooperation with your player.
- Please refrain from loud or rude behavior or use of profanity.
- Offer encouragement and positive reinforcement, not criticism, to your star player.
- Encourage discipline by having your child arrive on time for practices and games.
- Belonging to a team requires commitment. Parents can help children understand this through regular attendance and preparation.
- Whenever possible, volunteer. This shows participants the value of being a team player.
- Please respect the officials and their calls. It’s OK to disagree, but inappropriate to disparage.
PARENTS SHOULD UNDERSTAND THAT ANY VIOLATION OF THIS CODE OF CONDUCT MAY RESULT IN SUSPENSION AND/OR REMOVAL OF PARENTS AND/OR PLAYERS FROM THE TEAM, AND THAT ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE EVEN IF A PLAYER IS REMOVED FROM A TEAM. CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATION OF THIS CODE OF CONDUCT ARE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE LEAGUE DIRECTORS.
Click for Video
Many responsibilities exist beyond the normal team level commitments that make the All Star Youth Sports NFL Flag Football program function smoothly. Parents are what make the program a quality experience for all our children. ASYS can only be as good as we, the parents, make it! Following are some important volunteer areas that are required during the season.
· Special Events Coordination
· Team Mom/ team communication emails
· Trash clean up after games and practice
Parent support during both games and practices is critically important to the success of the league. Be supportive of the team by ensuring your child attends each practice on-time. Be a positive role models during games, whether you are the head coach, an assistant coach, or simply a spectator.
Finally, please keep the following in mind:
· Always be positive and enthusiastic.
· Show your child positive reinforcement.
· Observe practices and games to learn proper techniques to practice with your child.
· Encourage your child toward skill improvement and good sportsmanship in every game.
· Teach your child to always play by the rules.
· Teach your child that hard work and an honest effort are often more important than a victory.
· Applaud good plays by your team and by members of the oppossing team!
· Let the coaches do the coaching.
The Role of the Parent
Parents play a very important role in helping to shape a positive experience for players, coaches, officials, and other parents! To help you understand the key role parents play in ASYS NFL Flag Football.
Each parent should join in the total effort. There is a place and a task to do for all. The burden of operating the League should not fall on a few. “The parent who shirks this responsibility cannot, in turn, expect others to assume the burden."
If you have concerns about anything regarding your team or the league, first talk to your Head Coach. If your concern is not resolved, then contact a League Director.