It gives me great pleasure to return as the Tournament Director for the 9th annual 2018 Kickin’ It For Cancer and the Tri-Club Bay River Classic Soccer Tournament. My name is Chris Moller and I have been around the game of soccer for almost 18 years with coaching, managing, refereeing, and being in the role as tournament director. The Kickin’ It For Cancer Soccer Tournament is very unique and dynamic as it brings together numerous clubs to join with SSC as partners to help support a cure for cancer. Last year alone on behalf of Smithfield Soccer Club you helped us donate $17,352.23 to Relay For Life.
To provide quality and successful tournaments each individual club and team’s management and parents must get involved. Planning for each tournament is started months in advance and many volunteer duties are available. Typically, each player’s family should plan on volunteering a minimum of about 2 to 3 hours per tournament so no one family or team will feel they are doing more than their share of volunteering. By participating in tournaments and volunteering your time we can all get to know one another and provide a great tournament experience for all teams involved. So please plan on joining us February 24th and 25th, 2018 to fight side-by-side with us to BEAT cancer.
I have provided a list of all tournament volunteer duties and a brief description of what each assignment entails. Thank you in advance for volunteering your time and energy to provide the best tournament experience for all teams involved in this our 9th KIFC tournament. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me with any questions or concerns.
TOURNAMENT VOLUNTEER RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• ASSISTS TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR WITH ALL FUNCTIONS AT FIELD TO INCLUDE TEAM REGISTRATION, SET-UP, TAKE DOWN, HEADQUARTER TENT, FIELD MARSHALLS, CONCESSIONS, SCHEDULING, & ALL EMERGENCIES AS THEY ARISE
• MAKES SURE MATCHES ARE STARTING ON TIME
• RECORD MATCH SCORES/CARDS IN MASTER BOOK
• POSTS GAME SCORES ON MASTER SCORE EASEL/WEBSITE
• ANSWERS GENERAL QUESTIONS AS THEY ARISE
• UPDATES SCORES ON WEBSITE IF INTERNET ACCESS IS AT FIELD
REGISTRATION (ONLINE/FRIDAY NIGHT AS APPLICABLE)
• SUPPORT TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR WITH REGISTRATION (ONLINE & FRIDAY NIGHT AS APPLICABLE)
• VERIFY ROSTER, PLAYER PASSES INCLUDING GUEST PLAYERS
• VERIFY MEDICAL RELEASE FORMS FOR EACH PLAYER
• VERIFY PERMISSION TO TRAVEL IF APPLICABLE
• OBTAIN TEAM EMERGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION
• PROVIDE ALL TEAMS WITH LATEST GAME SCHEDULE
SITE SET-UP/ TAKE DOWN
• SET-UP HEADQUARTER TENT TO INCLUDE TENT, MASTER SCORE EASEL, TABLES
• INSPECT FIELD FOR DANGEROUS OBJECTS, HOLES, ETC.
• TAKE DOWN HEADQUARTER TENT, TABLES, MASTER SCORE EASEL, & PACK-UP ALL SUPPLIES
• WALK FIELD TO REMOVE LITTER, BOTTLES, CANS, ETC.
• ENSURE ALL ITEMS AND SUPPLIES ARE AVAILABE TO SET-UP FIELD THE NEXT DAY AS REQUIRED (USUALLY THE PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKE DOWN SET-UP THE NEXT DAY)
• MAKES SURE MATCHES ARE STARTED ON TIME
• ALERTS HEADQUARTER TENT OF ANY INJURIES
• TAKE MATCH SCORES TO HEADQUARTER TENT IF RECEIVED FROM WINNING TEAM
• SUPPORT TENT TO SELL T-SHIRTS
• SET-UP T-SHIRT TENT SUPPLIES EACH DAY
• TAKE DOWN T-SHIRT TENT SUPPLIES EACH DAY
· PROVIDE ON SITE EMT/MEDIC SERVICE TO ASSESS INJURIES
· TREAT MINOR INJURIES AS APPLICABLE
· PROVIDE ICE PACS AS NEEDED
· CONTACT LOCAL AUTHORITIES IN THE EVENT OF MAJOR INJURY