Player Release Documentation

Subscribe to our Newsletter

The Inter County Boundary map shows all the centres that are included within the ICBA boundaries as per the OBA Constitution. The major locals (Brantford, Cambridge, Guelph, Kitchener, Stratford, Waterloo and Woodstock) use the city limits as set by their local government to establish their boundaries outside of the OBA boundaries.  

For all centres within the boundary of Inter County and don't have a local association are assigned one of the 7 major locals to establish their home association with respect to playing rep baseball.  The home centre is calculated using Google maps and as the crow flies and not road mileage.  The ICBA registrar is able to confirm your home association if someone is not sure 


The following centres are outside of the ICBA boundary and belong to another affiliate.  Thamesford, Kintore, Medina, and Uniondale belong to London District Baseball (LDBA).

All centres West,  North West and North of Hwy #7 are part of Western Ontario Baseball (WOBA).

All centres South of Hwy #53 are part of Southern Counties (SCBA).

All centres East of Hwy #24 are Central Ontario Baseball (COBA) or Hamilton District Baseball (HDBA).

Players located outside of the Inter County boundaries must have a Local and affiliate release before they are able to move into the Inter County.  If they have those two items they will then be allowed into the ICBA Local that is closest to their current residence.  If they wish to play for a team located else where within the Inter County then they must contact the ICBA registrar to obtain the necessary pass through releases required.


For help establishing what affiliate you are in or what Local is considered your home association please contact the ICBA registrar 


Inter County Baseball Association Boundary Map



ICBA Player Release information & Denied Release Appeal Procedures

January 4, 2019

If you are currently with a Local Association within ICBA and you wish to play for another local within ICBA you must first ask for a release from your current home association.  IE: Cambridge MBA. If your home association is another centre ie: your home address is another centre other than the centre you are currently playing with you must go back to you home association and request a new release. If you move from your current home association to another association (IE:  Cambridge move to Guelph) you may remain with your current association without a release.  If at anytime you leave your current association under these circumstances they your new home association becomes your current address.

Please Click Here and Complete This Form after receiving your local release. 

After A Release Has Been Granted From Your Local, the ICBA will follow-up with any local or locals that the player would need to pass through (Appendix "B" ICBA constitution) in order to get to the new association the player wishes to play for. (Player and Parents are responsible for obtaining a release from their home association) Players must have a pass through from each local that is closer to his/her home association until reaching the desired new association. (Players may not try-out, practice or be part of any event organized by a local that doesn't currently hold the players playing rights.)  Failure to abide by these rules may subject the player or Local to a penalty of suspension, fine or both.

The release form noted above must be completed and sent to the registrar along with a copy of the release given by your current home association before pass through releases will be sought.  All locals have 5 days to respond to the pass-through request. Locals have the right to deny a pass-through if they wish to have the player try-out for one of their teams.  Currently a team is designated by it's division only and not by Tier 1 or Tier 2.  Eg.  A local only has to offer a team in Peewee to a player regardless of Tier number.  If you require further assistance please contact the ICBA registrar.

If the player wishes to play outside of the ICBA then the affiliate will grant the player an out of affiliate release letter for the player to take to the new affiliate center they wish to play for with out requiring pass through's from the remaining ICBA locals. 

The following document will give players the required information to appeal a denied local release that has been requested by a player or parent.  Please click on the links below for further information. Please note that the ICBA has up to 15 days to hold a requested appeal hearing on a denied release from the time they receive the request complete with all written information .

ICBA release & appeal procedures


Player signing information from OBA  


Players wishing to Play with an Inter Lock Partner!

Note:  Under current Inter-Lock rules players will  be allowed to sign with an Inter Lock partner and play within the ICBA provided they meet the following criteria.  The player must have tried out for their home association or been released by their home association.  Once they have that release they must pass through every other association within the Inter County. (Contact ICBA registrar along with completing the release form noted above.)  If they receive a pass through release from all other locals they then may request an affiliate release allowing the player the opportunity to sign with an Inter Lock partner for the next playing season. 


Players that are denied a release from their home association has the right to appeal that decision to the Inter County.  This appeal must be in writing along with a copy of the denied release and reasons sited by the Local Association.  The ICBA has 15 days to hold a hearing with both Player and Local representatives and render it's decision.  If Player or Local is not inline with the ICBA ruling they may further appeal the decision to OBA.  This appeal must be sent to the OBA office along with all written material surrounding the appeal.  OBA has 30 days to hold a further hearing and render it's decision which will become final.


For players wishing to enter and play with Inter County while living outside of the ICBA boundaries noted by the OBA must enter the Inter County with the proper Local and affiliate releases and they must go to the closest Local with regards to their home address.  If the player wishes to play for a Local that isn't the closest to them they must follow the pass through format that all ICBA players are subject too.


If the player outside of the ICBA boundaries that doesn't have a local association  are eligible to go to the closest centre within another affiliate without an affiliate release where they live provided it is the closest association to them.  Once they are at the closest centre they must follow the same movement rules that all other ICBA players must follow to move to a particular association.  (IE Player lives in St. Jacobs they must enter ICBA at Waterloo and if they wish to play for Cambridge they would require a release from Waterloo and Kitchener in order to play in Cambridge.)


A boundary map and information outlining where players may enter ICBA is available by clicking on the link below.  Waterloo Region Map and ICBA Northern Boundary


For further information regarding Releases:

Players and Parents looking for assistance in obtaining releases from their local association or from the affiliate please contact the ICBA registrar Stefanie Mocuik at the following address.