August & September 2020:
As NYC slowly continues to reopen
and students begin to head back to school
either physically, virtually or 'blended',
we want to wish everyone a safe & fun
end of summer...hope you are able to make
some memories while while continuing
to practice all social-safety guidelines!
-We have finally reached modified
Phase 4 here in New York City!
Continue to be safe and follow all the safety
protocols still in effect so we can continue
to move forward and 'open up' even more.
If you are out there playing ball this summer,
have a great time and make memories!!
We miss it here immensely and are
already looking forward to the 2021 season.
As modified Phase 3 begins here in NYC,
we would like to wish the best of luck to any
of the local teams that are practicing and have
chosen to enter tournaments this summer
and / or fall either locally or out of state.
Please continue to be safe and make as
many great memories as possible !!
As NYC enters Phase 2 on Monday - June 22nd,
we are happy and hopeful that our city will
continue to move in the right direction.
We know there has been discussion that NYC
may enter Phase 3 sometime in July with the
beginning of limited-restricted youth sports
practices and then lead up to the start of
game play. If and when this happens, there
will still be many restrictions, concerns and
uncertainty. We still haven't heard about any
public permits going back into effect and
some private fields have told us they may not
open or open with restrictions such as the amount
of people in attendance (if any), players/coaches
in dugouts, social distancing, masks, sanitizing
procedures, etc... Just as much as anyone,
we want to see the kids play ball together
again and have a 'normal' summer, but we
have still decided to continue to err on the
side of caution and NOT organize or conduct
play in 2020. We understand this may not be
the popular decision / opinion and that others
may choose to do so and give you options.
We support you and your individual teams /
organizations if you choose to compete locally
or outside the city during the summer / fall.
If anything changes, we will continue to
update here and also via email, text, etc.
As NYC enters phase 1 on Monday - June 8th,
another email was sent out by the NYC Parks
Department to permit holders reminding them
that all athletic field permits are still suspended
until August 31st and there should still be
no use of the athletic fields for any organized
gatherings, games, practices, drills, etc.
Also, they said they will update everyone about
the fall when there is information to share.
Original email was sent to permit holders from the NYC Parks Department saying:
"In an effort to mitigate the spread of
COVID-19, the decision has been made to
cancel all athletic permits through August 31st"
THE BROOKLYN KIWANIS BASEBALL LEAGUE
has decided to cancel all
Spring / Summer League 2020 play.
Though parks are open for exercise and
recreation, there is still no decision by NYC
to reopen athletic fields and issue permits.
We hope to be back with all of you safely in an exciting and highly anticipated 2021 season.