Fall DLC season may be over - however, preparation for the Spring Season continues!
- Weight Room on Thursday Oct 25th
- Last Field Practice: Tuesday Oct 30th
- "Hey boys tomorrow is out Halloween practice/dinner. Wear a costume tomorrow at practice! We will start at 4 and end at 5 then we will go to qdoba where the booster club will buy all players a meal!!! Please invite your parents to join us! We will help get kids who can’t drive to qdoba where your parents can then pick you up from there! See you tomorrow!"
- Practices will continue twice per week, on Thursdays from 3:30 to 5 pm in the weight room. On Wednesdays 7:30 to 9 pm in the Auxiliary Gym on Nov 7, 14, 21 and Dec 5 (and maybe Dec 12th). On Tuesday 7:30 to 9 pm in the Aux Gym Dec 18th.
- Coaches will communicate directly with Players in GroupMe if there are changes made to these plans
- Player Gear and Fan Gear orders will be prepared and ordered
- Sign-up for Winter Leagues (see Jan/Feb)
Chatfield Lacrosse will compete in Varsity Box, Varsity Field, Sub-Varsity Field
Box League will be done through 3D lacrosse. Coach will register an “empty” team and then Varsity players will go to 3D and sign-up to play on Coach’s team. Players will receive an invitation from the Coaching Staff. Please wait until you receive your invitation before you go online to register on the Varsity Box League Team. Payment of $165.00 is made directly to 3D. You will not be able to use LAX CASH. A separate email will be sent with the necessary link and additional details. Games will be Thursday evenings beginning January 10th.
Field Lacrosse will be done through Foothills Sports Arena. The Varsity will sign up as an entire team and the Sub-Varsity will sign up as an entire team. Hard copies of the Individual Waiver for each player must be submitted with the roster - get your form submitted at the November Meeting. If you have earned LAX CASH, you may use it. Payment will be made to the Booster Club, and the Booster Club will submit a single payment for both teams to FSA. A separate email will be sent with a registration/ commitment form to play. Games will be Saturdays sometime between 7am and 6pm beginning January 12th.
Various Decisions have been made:
Cleats - You are not required to purchase new cleats for the season. However, if you need to purchase cleats, please follow these guidelines from the Coaches: “No all Black cleats as it makes you hot and slows you down. Black accents are fine. Cleats must be school colors. We encourage mostly white cleats.”
Varsity Spring Break will be to LA, California. Details TBD - the intention will be to schedule the trip from Saturday to mid-week, similar to last year’s schedule.
Spring Schedule - games are in the process of being booked and published on the School/Jeffco Events Calendar. You can search for Boys lacrosse games. They are not all in yet, but it is starting to be populated.
Carpool Organizing - Do you anticipate needing help with getting your player to practices in the Spring? Or perhaps to evening practices this Fall? Amy Bhikha has offered to help organize carpooling. Please email her with your contact information, what your needs may be and what driving you can offer. firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Registration for the Spring Season with the Booster Club will begin sometime in December.
Next Booster Meetings are on November 13th, December 11th and January 8th.
GO CHARGERS !!!!
By Joyce with help from several others - on behalf of the Booster Club - questions always welcome