• Track meets are very long
• Most meets follow a standard schedule, if we have a schedule we will post it online
• Make sure your athlete has charged their cellphone
• Remind your athlete to call you a few times to check in
• Often they can not hear the phone, so don't worry if they don't answer
• Remind your athlete to find out what they are running on Friday
• If you go, give yourself plenty of time
• Most meets charge an entry fee
• Some, like Roswell, make it a fundraiser and double the fee
• There will always be buses to away meets
• Check Handbook for travel rules
• You can follow Georgia HS Track on the site www.gatfxc.com
• NO JEWELRY except watches, no hair beads and no sunglasses
• PARENTS ~ Come watch your kids run !
It is fun and exciting, and great to see them improve all season.
Bring your camera and video camera !
What athletes need to bring:
• Uniform and Running Shoes, extra socks
• If you have spikes, take them out of the shoebox - put them in a running bag, and big bag (they are too expensive to lose)
• Sweats and layers, it will start out very cold
• Blanket to keep warm or sit on
• Poncho or rainwear if weather looks inclement
• Snacks/Lunch and Drinks (coaches will have water coolers)
• Money if they want to use concession stand
• Money if they want a Meet Tshirt (usually $15-20)
• Homework, Book, Games, Music......there is alot of sitting and waiting time
• A bag to keep all your stuff inside of and secure
DO NOT bring anything of value such as purses, obvious wallets,
expensive cameras and expensive mp3 players
• Keep all of your stuff away in your bag and secure !!!!
• There are lots of people at these meets all around, and these are the places where things get taken or disappear. Always keep ALL your stuff in your bag, and make sure you zipper or tie it shut. Always be watching.