The Big Play - Jumpstart Funding
Hockey brings Canadians together.Our national pastime teaches teamwork, self-confidence and keeps us active. Sadly,many kids are missing out on all the benefits of hockey because they can’t afford to participate. So, Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities and the Hockey Canada Foundation are committing to get 30,000 kids in the game over the next three years. Together, we will give more children the chance to play. Parents who qualify for financial assistance will be able to apply online, in June, at jumpstart.canadiantire.ca for funding through The Big Play to help their child, or children, participate in a hockey program offered at a hockey league or association that is registered with Hockey Canada.
FUNDING ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA & AMOUNTS
• Male/Female children and youth ages 4 to 18
• Participating in Hockey Canada programming with one of their registered minor hockey associations in the season for which the funding is being requested.
• Financially disadvantaged family, where such determination is based on the Federal Low Income Cut-Off guidelines
• Funding provided to support registration and/or equipment costs associated with participation in a season of minor hockey
• Funding is up to $500/per child, subject to the discretion of the Jumpstart Chapter taking into consideration need, annual funding limits per child and local demands
• Applications will be considered on a first-come-first-served basis
FUNDING APPLICATION PROCESS
The funding application process takes approximately 6 to 8 weeks from the time the request is submitted until a decision is communicated. The length of time is in part determined by the completeness of the application and the information provided. If approved, it usually takes an additional 2 weeks from the date of the approval email for the Hockey Association to receive a cheque from Jumpstart.