Coaches Code of Conduct
SHALLOWATER YOUTH BASKETBALL LEAGUE
COACHES CODE OF CONDUCT
In order to ensure that the principles of sportsmanship, fair play, skill development, and mutual respect among players, coaches, and officials and spectators are the primary consideration governing competition in the Shallowater Youth Basketball League, the following Code of Conduct has been established:
Please acknowledge your understanding and willingness to abide by the Code of Conduct by reading and signing this form.
1. I acknowledge that my primary responsibility is to foster the stated purpose of SYBL, which is to promote a healthy, pleasant and safe environment for youth to participate in basketball in order to fulfill my obligation I will:
Fully abide by the policies, rules and guidelines set forth by the league;
Respect the game officials and refrain from communicating with them in an abusive manner;
Encourage the team and fans to conduct themselves with sportsmanship and maturity at all times while attending Little Dribbler games and practices;
Assist the game officials in maintaining control of spectators during games;
Be a positive role model for players by never:
Using or tolerating obscene language and gestures;
Physically or verbally intimidating a player;
Making discriminating remarks based on race, religion, gender or national origin;
Consuming or allowing the consumption of alcohol or be in an inebriated state during practices, games or whenever in the presence of players;
Encouraging, tolerating or indulging in substance abuse;
Smoking or using tobacco products during team activities (practice, games, travel time, etc);
2. I will not knowingly allow a player to play in a game if that player does not meet the guidelines for eligibility.
3. I fully understand that basketball should be a fun rewarding and positive experience for all participants.
4. I will insure that all assistant coaches under my authority will abide by the Code of Conduct.
5. I will inform parents of all practice and game times and will inform both players and parents of my expectations.
I understand and acknowledge the terms and conditions of the Code of Conduct and understand that any violations will result in disciplinary action from the Board of Directors
I have read and fully understand the above Code of Conduct and agree to abide by all the provisions set forth.
Coaches Signature and Date