NEW-2020 52+ National Regular Season & Playoffs
Agreed upon Meeting Minutes on 2/5/2020 – Cancelled
Below are the new 2020 Parameters
CLICK HERE for printable attachment
Universal Rule of the SJMSBL For all Divisions: The last day to add a player to your Roster is 6 Sundays before your season ends. The maximum number of players on a roster is 20. Over 20 players on a roster cost is $100.00 per player.
Universal Rule of the SJMSBL For all Divisions: Player needs to play and or bat in at least 6 regular-season games. If a player only plays in the field as a defensive player or runner, it is the manager's duty to have opposing managers write that players participate in the scorebook for that said game.
Universal Rule of the SJMSBL For all Divisions: Managers voted unanimously that all teams need to have their Stats (particularly) game played - uploaded before there next game. If a team does not have stats updated by the next game, the offending team will get a forfeit for the game stats not uploaded. Also, for the 2020 Spring Season- If a team Forfeits 3 games team is not eligible for playoffs
Universal Rule of the SJMSBL For all Divisions: 1.A. If an umpire feels threatened by a player or fan, or there is a situation with a player the manager is obligated to diffuse the threatening situation. If a manager does not the diffuse threatening situation. The manager as a result of his actions will be looked at and determined if he risks being suspended from upcoming games.
Rules for all 52 Teams
- Player needs to bat or play in field for at least 6 regular-season games. DL is terminated. If a player participates only in the field only Manager needs to have opposed manager write player’s field participation in his book.
- 50+ Players are welcomed into 52+ division but they cannot Pitch or catch unless Grandfathered in.
- No deadline in adding players.
Rules for National 52
· Outfielder cannot throw a Batter out from Outfield.
· Unlimited Courtesy Runners @ 1ST Base needs to be last batted out
· If a team is winning by 7 or more Runs. The winning team is not allowed to steal. Up by 7 Runs needs to be announced. If after announced, player still STEALS, He is out with “no warning”.
· Please note the exception: Player can steal (if up by 7) as soon as the
the ball pitched hits ground.
Keith Sadowsky 47 Cheltenham Reds
Tom Kinney 51 Marlton Braves (Can Pitch )
Rich Callahan 52 PBC Royals ( Can Catch )
Doug Powers 48 PBC Royals ( Can't Pitch of Catch )
National- 7 Teams
South Jersey Phillies
Gloucester County Phillies
Penn Jersey Dodgers
Regular Season Schedule:
· National Division will only play National Teams
· Because of an odd Number of Teams there had to be split Double-Headers (The Panthers bowed out this year- They’ll be back next year)
Regular Season Opens:
Rained out games are automatic Doubleheaders when teams meet again. (2) 7 Inning games
National Division (13 weeks, 16 games, 3 DH)
Opening Day: 7/12
Last day regular Season game can be counted in Standings: 10/11
Teams will be seeded: 10/12
Available Sunday Dates
July- 12, 19, 26,
August- 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
September 13, 20, 27,
October – 4 & 11
National Division Playoffs
The league reserves the right to change playoff formats in the event of a weather situation so all playoff rounds are completed by Sunday 10/11
· Better/Stronger SEED is HOME TEAM throughout playoffs and Championship
PLAY IN ROUND
Saturday, October 17
9:00am #6 Seed @ #3 Seed
9:00am #5 Seed @ #4 Seed
The SJMSBL is paying for UMPIRES in the SEMI-Finals & CHAMPIONSHIP game.
Sunday, October 18
9:00am Weakest Seed Winner of PLAY IN ROUND @ #1 Seed
9:00am Stronger Seed Winner of PLAY IN ROUND @ #2 Seed
Sunday, October 25
9:00am Weakest Seed Winner of SEMI-FINAL @ Stronger Seed Winner of SEMI-FINAL
Winner of National Championships get a $500 Credit
- Credit is not a check
- Credit is good for 2021 Spring Season, 2021 Mid-Week or 2021 Fall Season
- Credit expires December 31, 2021
- Credit cannot be transferred to another team
- Winner of Championship must play 52 American in 2021 or if they repeat as Champions in 52 National (2021), they receive $250 Credit. If they win two years in a row, they must move up into the 52 American in 2022.
2 umpires at each game
9 inning game $85.00 per umpire
7 inning game $75.00 per umpire
If Only One Umpire Shows- See Cost below
Cost per umpire per (9) inning Game @ $110
Cost per umpire per (7) inning Game @ $95
1. Canceling with less than one hour until game time- $50 per umpire (If umpires did not leave for the game yet, no fee will be charged) This fee will be the responsibility of the Home team for both umpires
2. Umpires arrive at the field and no game due to weather: $50 per umpire
3. Game 1 of DH Starts, no game two due to weather: No fee charged
4. Originally scheduled DH turns into one-single 9 inning game: Standard fee for 9 innings + $50 per umpire for the second game
5. In the event of a forfeit if the umpires show to the field it is the responsibility of the forfeiting team to pay the umpire fees
All Changes need in schedule need to be sent to LMarshall@unfi.com by Thursday. If umpires are not notified before the day of the game then #4 Rule goes into effect (. Originally scheduled DH turns into one-single 9 inning game: Standard fee for 9 innings + $50 per umpire for the second game)
Umpiring Director + Assignor
Tri-State Elite Umpires Association
E-mail is preferred unless it is a notification on the day of the game.
cell: (856) 994-4400
April 2016....John Gallante is the President and Assignor of the Tri-State Elite Umpires Association.If you think umpire assigning and training is an old man's business, think again. John is only 25 years old, making him the youngest umpire assignor in New Jersey. Under John's watch, the TSEUA has grown from 15 members and 500 games to over 200 umpires and over 18,000 games, making the TSEUA the largest umpires association.in the state of New Jersey. The association has acquired baseball ranging from little-leaguers to semi professionals after striking a deal with South Jersey Men's Senior Baseball League in 2014. John also runs the cadet and advanced training program for the TSEUA, which is widely regarded as one of the best umpire training programs in the region. In addition to his duties with the TSEUA, John is also a state certified high school umpire for the Tri-County Umpires Association and serves as the Chairman of their mechanics training committee. John has taken the Tri-State area by storm and has become the "go to guy" for umpires in the area for all levels.
In the event of a rainout or cancellation, it is the responsibility of the home field manager to notify John Gallante 856-994-4400 email@example.com and also let Lou know as well 856-266-7916 firstname.lastname@example.org all cancellations need at least 1-hour notice. If a cancellation is made any time after that the fee schedule will apply of $50.00 per umpire if the umpires are there or on their way.
Shall be determined by A POINT SYSTEM
- 3 points for a Win
- 2 points for a Tie
- 1 point for a loss
- 0 Points for a loss by forfeit IMPORTANT (Standings will show a team losing by forfeit getting 1 point. This is incorrect and will be properly calculated at the end of season)
- 0 Points for a game not played
Please keep in mind…. The spirit of the SJMSBL is to play Baseball. If a Team “jobs Standings” and does not play a scheduled game because
“Played game” would have no bearing in standings; Team Jobbing the League has the possibility of receiving severe Penalties. Please make every effort to play all of your scheduled games.
When two teams are tied
1. Head to Head record
2. Fewest Runs allowed in all games
3. Most Runs Scored in all games
When three or more teams are tied
1. Fewest Runs allowed in all games
2. Most Runs Scored in all games
· 9 inning game = 9-0
· 7 inning Game = 7-0
Please do not include Lou or Neil on any group text or emails with your team and other teams. Make the determinations then let us know of any decisions