Many parents have asked about gear needed for softball. The following information may be helpful. Sports Authority and Big Five are great local places to shop for these items. You can also find things for discounted prices at Play it Again Sports.
Your daughter will need the following items for softball:
- Glove (see sizing below). Glove should be comfortable and palm slightly out of glove. It is recommended to get a ball to practice with at home.
- Black Softball Pants (elastic waste is preffered by girls)
- [Optional] Helmet. Our league provides each team with 3 helmets. Helmet must have: NOCSAE approved, face guard, and chin strap.
- [Optional] Bat (see sizing below). League provides bats, test with these before buying your own.
- [Optional] Batting Gloves
Glove Sizing Chart
|Division||Age||Glove Size||Ball Size||Recommend Glove|
|TBall||6 and under||9-10"||10" Safety|
|Division 2-3||10-14||11.5-12.5" (depending on position)||12"|
Easton makes a really nice Flex glove that is softened leather for younger ages.
Bat Sizing Chart
See JustBats.com for a bat sizing chart and tips and things to watch out for.