Wellwood Baseball Code of Conduct
In order to advance the principles of sportsmanship and fair play and to promote mutual respect among players, coaches, umpires and spectators the GPRC Wellwood Baseball has established this "Code of Conduct" (hereafter referred to as "the Code").
The Code of Conduct shall govern the actions of players, coaches and spectators. The Code is intended to provide behavioral guidance and establish clear expectations for all involved. The Code was not conceived to address every possible behavioral circumstance; however, it shall serve as the Organization's standard for behavioral evaluation.
It shall be the obligation of ALL program participants, spectators and volunteers, and board members to comply with the terms and provisions of the Code of Conduct. Any person violating the Code shall be subject to administrative action, up to and including termination of his/her privilege to participate in, or attend, any or all GPRC Wellwood Baseball sponsored activities.
Parents and Spectators Code of Conduct
The Parent and Spectator shall support the players, coaches, umpires and league officials. Parents and Spectators shall not "coach" or "officiate" from the bleachers and or fence areas.
Parents and Spectators agree as follows:
- Parents and Spectators will be positive role models.
- Parents and Spectators will display and instill in all players, the principals of good sportsmanship and team play.
- Parents and Spectators will conduct themselves in a manner that best serves the interests of the players.
- Parents and Spectators will provide the players with a positive experience.
- Parents will make certain that their children show respect for all other players, coaches, officials and spectators.
- Parents and Spectators will not ridicule, taunt, humiliate or demean players, coaches, umpires or GPRC Wellwood Baseball officials.
- Parents will inform the coach of any disability or ailment that may affect the safety of their child.
- Parents and Spectators will treat all players, coaches and umpires fairly and with respect.
- Parents and Spectators will comply with the decisions of league officials and observe all rules, policy and procedure as established or endorsed by the GPRC Wellwood Baseball board of directors.
- Parents and Spectators will not question an umpire's call.
- Parents and Spectators will respect the opponent and avoid any confrontation with opposing players, spectators, or coaches.
- Parents and Spectators will be drug and alcohol free while at the complex and any other GPRC Wellwood Baseball sponsored athletic event
- Display good sportsmanship and team play at all times.
- Follow the direction of the Coaching Staff.
- Respect all, coaches, players, league officials, umpires and spectators.
- Make every attempt to be on time and ready to play for all games and practices.
Players Shall Not:
- Use abusive or profane language.
- Taunt or humiliate any other player.
- Question an umpire's call.
- Abuse, mistreat or mishandle any GPRC Wellwood Baseball equipment or property (e.g., throwing batting helmets, bats, balls, etc...)