WPLL General Information Guide
2017 General Information Guide (Click Link)
Welcome to the White Plains Little League
PHILOSOPHY & OBJECTIVES
The responsibilities of the League are to the children, the parents, grandparents, guardians and adult volunteers including managers, coaches, umpires, league officials and all others who donate their time and efforts to operate this fantastic program.
The objectives of the League are to develop, organize and implement baseball and softball programs that meet the following criteria:
1. All children who participate should have fun and enjoy the game.
2. All children who participate will have the opportunity to learn the game.
3. All children will be given the opportunity to compete and win.
In order to ensure these objectives are met, the White Plains Little League Board of Directors and Committees will be alert to problems, suggestions and questions that may develop and/or are reported by players or adults.
It is the philosophy of the White Plains Little League that all children will be given the opportunity to participate in the League subject to the following restrictions:
1. That they meet the age and residency requirements established by Little League Baseball, Incorporated (Williamsport, PA).
2. That within their age group, they are physically able to compete and will not present a safety problem to themselves or others.
3. That they register in time to permit the League to achieve proper team balance, uniforms, equipment, scheduling of fields and volunteers to permit them to play in a quality program.
ALL CHILDREN PLAY !
Volunteer managers and coaches play a significant role in making WPLL a tremendous success from year to year. As per Little League headquarters, managing or coaching in a particular year does not automatically qualify for managing or coaching in any subsequent year. The President, with approval from the Board of Directors, shall appoint managers and coaches annually.
Thank you in advance for volunteering your time. It is greatly appreciated.