Mikes Recreation Men's Softball League Rules
PATTERSON SOFTBALL SUMMER 2018
TEAM MEETING IS SCHEDULED FOR FRIDAY APRIL 20, 2018 AT 7PM. PATTERSON RECREATION DEPARTMENT.
LEAGUE FEE WILL BE $1,300.
ALL TEAMS NEED TO ATTEND OR SEND A REPRESENTATIVE
ALL CAPTAINS SHOULD MAKE ALL THEIR PLAYERS AWARE OF THE HOTLINE PHONE NUMBER BELOW FOR GAME CANCELLATIONS******
PLEASE READ LEAGUE RULES AS ALL PLAYERS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE.
ALL PLAYERS ARE REQUIRED TO SIGN THE INJURY WAIVER
FORM IN ORDER TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PLAY********
ALL GAMES PLAYED AT 271 CORNWALL HILL RD
PATTERSON, NY 12563.
HOTLINE NUMBER FOR RAINOUTS
SUMMER 2017 RULES:
ANY BALL HITTING THE MAT OR HOME PLATE IS A STRIKE.
WE WILL START WITH A ONE AND ONE COUNT AND A FOUL WITH 2-STRIKES IS AN OUT.
TRASH TALKING AND TAUNTING OF ANY KIND BETWEEN PLAYERS AND TEAMS IS NOT ALLOWED. THIS IS YOUR WARNING! UMPIRES HAVE BEEN DIRECTED TO EJECT ANY & ALL OFFENDERS IMMEDIATELY!!
TEAMS MAY PLAY WITH 8-PLAYERS. TEAMS MAY ADD AS MANY PLAYERS AS THEY LIKE UNTIL THE TEAM HAS BATTED AROUND THE ORDER. THEN YOU MAY ONLY ADD THE 9TH OR 10TH PLAYERS. THE 9TH AND OR 10TH MAY BE ADDED AT ANY TIME.
THERE IS NO DRINKING OF ALCOHOL ALLOWED ON TOWN PROPERTY.
THERE WILL BE NO SMOKING ON THE PLAYING FIELD.
There is a minimum of 12 and maximum of 24 players per roster.
Rosters may be added at any time during the regular season.
All games are played at Patterson Cornwall Field
Game times are 7:00 & 8:00 PM.
There is a 10-minute grace time for the 7:00 game only!
This will be strictly enforced.
In order to be eligible for playoffs, a player must have played in at least ONE less than half of the teams scheduled games.
IF A TEAM USES AN ILLEGAL PLAYER IN THE PLAYOFFS, IT IS UP TO THE OFFENDED TEAM TO FILE A PROTEST. THE LEAGUE WILL NOT.
Each team will be responsible to keep the official league scorebook.
First and last names (PRINTED LEGIBLY) need to be submitted to the umpire prior to the start of the game. The umpire will note how many players are in each teams starting lineup. Any and all substitutions must be added by the umpire and initialed by him. You may bat as many as you like. You may add to the lineup until a team goes through the lineup once. Late arrivals go to the end of the lineup. INCOMPLETE OR ILLEGIBLE NAMES WILL NOT COUNT!
GAMES MAY BE PLAYED WITH A MINIMUM OF 8 PLAYERS
ASA RULES USED TO SUPPLEMENT PATTERSON MEN'S SOFTBALL LEAGUE RULES.
Please note the following Patterson Recreation Rule Amendments:
1. There will be two courtesy runners allowed per game. If an additional runner is needed it will be solely at the discretion of the opposing team. ANY CONFLICTS BETWEEN TEAMS WILL BE DEALT WITH QUICKLY. TO MAKE MYSELF PERFECTLY CLEAR IF A TEAM IS TURNED DOWN BY THE OPPOSITION FOR AN ADDITIONAL COUTESY RUNNER, THATS IT. THERE WILL BE ZERO TOLERANCE FOR TRASH TALKING OF ANY KIND. The
last out will be the runner. Once a player takes a runner he MUST take a runner for the remainder of the game.
2. BAT LIST 2017
ANY METAL, COMPOSITE OR WOOD ASA STAMPED BAT IS LEGAL.
THE MIKEN ULTRA & EASTON SYNERGY'S ARE THE EXCEPTIONS.
3. A team can bat an unlimited amount of players.
4. EH can enter and play the field.
5. DH cannot play the field. (IF EITHER PLAYER IS EJECTED AND A SUBSTITUTE IS NOT AVAILABLE THEN YOU MUST PLAY THE FIELD (UNLESS YOU ARE BATTING 11 AND HAVE AN EH) WITH 9 PLAYERS IF THE FIELDER WAS EJECTED OR IT IS AN OUT IF THE HITTER WAS EJECTED. IF YOU LOSE THE DH DUE TO INJURY THE HEALTHY PLAYER TAKES BOTH POSITIONS IF A SUB IS UNAVAILABLE.
6. REENTRY: A starting player can re-enter once in the same batting position, a substitute cannot.
7. The strike zone is 6 to 12 feet from the ground. Umpires will call illegal pitches in the air.
8. No player is allowed to play for more than one team.
10. Use of an illegal player will result in a forfeit and 1-game suspension for the player and or manager.
11. Once a player plays for a team he is on that team for the season. The only exception will be when both managers agree and have the league commissioners approval.
12. An injured player must be present and added to the end of the scorecard by the umpire to have the game count towards the playoffs. He need not participate in the game.
13. A player may hit either bag when rounding first base.
14. A player must hit the orange safety base on infield groundballs. If he does not this is an appeal play. THE APPEAL MUST BE MADE BEFORE THE RUNNER RETURNS TO THE BAG.
15. Any team forfeiting 3-games will be dropped from the league. The team will forfeit their entry fee and lose the right to join the league the following season.
16. Slaughter rule- If a team is winning by 12 runs or more after the losing team has batted at least five times.
NO SLAUGHTER RULE FOR THE FINAL PLAYOFF GAME.
17. Either sneakers or any approved shoe will be permitted. No metal spikes. MUST CHANGE WHEN NOTIFIED.
18. Any protest must be made at the time of the game, either before or up until the final out is made, and noted by the umpire in the scorebook. A formal protest needs to follow in writing within 24-hours to the league director. There is a $25 fee which will be returned if the protest is upheld. A protest for a RULES violation or Rules interpretation must be done prior to the next pitch.
19. THE FIRST BASEMAN MUST TOUCH THE WHITE BAG CONTRARY TO THE ASA RULE WHICH STATES HE MAY TOUCH THE ORANGE ON AN ERRANT THROW*******
Teams should conduct themselves in a sportsman like manner at all times. Patterson recreation reserves the right to exclude any player that does not conduct himself in a manner befitting the high standards of Patterson Recreation.
Abusive language directed at the officials or other players will not be tolerated and will result in expulsion from the game. If a player is ejected from a game and asked to leave the Park he will be suspended for the next game. If a player is ejected a second time he will be suspended for at least 2-games. If a player is ejected a 3rd time they are out of the league and the Recreation Director Reserves the Right to suspend that individual for as long as necessary.
Fighting- A player engaged in a fight on the field or on Patterson Town Property will be suspended for a Minimum of 4 Games. Longer if Warranted. A second infraction will result in expulsion for the remainder of the season & playoffs and a suspension for the following year or longer at the discretion on the Recreation Director.
ANY INDIVIDUAL IN ANY WAY TOUCHING AN OFFICIAL WILL RESULT IN AUTOMATIC EJECTION FROM THE GAME, THE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON AND THE PLAYOFFS. THEY MAY ALSO FACE CIVIL AND CRIMINAL CHARGES.
KEEP THE FIELD CLEAN!
THERE ARE RECEPTACLES LOCATED NEXT TO EACH BENCH AND NEXT TO THE STANDS. USE THEM...............
PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE EMPTY GATORADES, WATERS, ETC ETC ETC ON THE BENCHES OR GROUND.
REGARDING THE PRIVILEGE OF STAYING IN THE PARKING LOT TO RELAX AFTER YOUR GAME.....KEEP IT CLEAN! PLEASE TAKE YOUR EMPTY CONTAINERS HOME!!!
IF I OR ANY MEMBER OF MY FIELD MAINTAINANCE TEAM OBSERVES ANYONE THROWING THEIR GARBAGE IN THE WOODS YOU WILL BE SUSPENDED FOR A GAME!
LETS KEEP IT CLEAN AND ENJOY WHAT WE HAVE GOING.
What’s up at Patterson Rec.: 878-7200 ext 17 our hot lines keep you informed & updated on all programs & activities for Patterson Recreation as well as Cancellations!
Hot Line # Patterson Rec (845)878 -7200 ask for ex 17