ITS THE LEAGUE (FGS) WHERE THE KIDS HAVE FUN, GOOD SPORTMANSHIP AND SAFETY!!
By: FGS Staff
Copyright: FGS Sports of Paulding/Douglas Counties
Monday, October 1, 2007
FGS Sports is pleased to announce registration for our Spring 2010 Season is open! We are now enrolling participants for boys and girls, grades K-8 (ages 5-14), and expect to sell-out!
FGS Sports is proud to present this exciting league to families throughout the Paulding/Douglas County area that will provide fun and skill-development for players of all skill levels…ANYONE CAN PLAY!
FGS Sports is a well-organized, state program, emphasizing basketball education, participation, and sportsmanship. This is an indoor continuous action league involving minimal equipment. The games emphasize basic basketball skills of passing, shooting, rebounding, and different types of defense.
As always, we will offer the premium league you expect from FGS Sports, featuring:
• League: Providing commitment to safety, organization and sportsmanship. Unsurpassed communication and responsiveness with the highest degree of customer service and professionalism
• Focus: Primary emphasis on fun, skills development, and sportsmanship
• Interactive Web Site: Includes standings, team articles, player stats, schedules, rule book, directions to the gym, and much more
• Format: 5-on-5. EVERYONE PLAYS AN EQUAL AMOUNT OF TIME (10 players per team maximum)
• Divisions and Teams: Players are assigned to teams in age appropriate divisons.
• Goal Height: Players 8 & Under will use a 8' Hoop and players 9 & Over will use a 10' Hoops.
• Season Dates and Times: The Spring Season begins March 29th and concludes May 24th. Games and practices are played on Saturday Mornings. Time of the game will vary due to the number of teams participating in the league, but will start no sooner than 9am and conclude by 4pm.
• Location: TBD
• Equipment: All registered players receive Official FGS Tank Jersey.
• Required: Signed waivers, any type of sports shorts, and sneakers. No jeans, hats with rims, bandanas, or jewelry. Mouth-guards are strongly encouraged.
• Practice: On the day of the game, 1/2 hour before the game begins. Our league is designed so that the time commitment to the family doesn’t consume the lives of the parents.
• Volunteer Coaches: Each team is coached by 1-2 volunteers, which can be noted on the registration form or contact us for more information. All volunteers will attend training prior to the season to learn the rules and expectations for the season and to fully prepare you to take on this noble endeavor. Playbooks are available to help guide you. You don't have to be a former competitive player to be a great coach - you just have to want to make a positive difference in the life of some wonderful kids. Being a volunteer coach is one of the most rewarding experiences between parent and child!
• Officials: All games refereed by professional, experienced officials
• Awards: All players receive Trophy or Sportsmanship Medal.
• Participation Fee: The league registration fee is $125.
1. Online at www.fgssports.com under the "Online Registration Tab" section, or
2. Call the office 678-574-9835.
Please give us a call or send an e-mail (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Its More than a Game!