- CONGRATULATIONS TO THE LONG ISLAND BLACK SOX 2007 MABL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
TO ACCESS THE 2014 SEASON WEBSITE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW
To access The Long Island Stan Musial 2008 Season click on the following link:
SCHEDULE MEETING FOR 2008 SEASON
Please be advised that deposits are past due and if you do not have a deposit in we can not put you on the schedule and you are risking not playing baseball this summer. If you are working on a home field dates we must know as soon as possible what you have or we can’t put it on the schedule.
The next meeting will be Wednesday May 7th to pick up schedules.
7:00 D1 Wood
7:30 D2 Wood
8:00 D1 Metal
8:30 D2 Metal
This will make it a little easier to work with each division.
Start of schedule will be May 18th unless otherwise requested and will end on July 27th with playoffs starting July 30th
We will continue to use league lineup. Stats must be entered and a minimum number of at bats and innings pitched will be enforced.
Teams must use official Long Island Stan Musial Baseballs. They will be available at the May meeting at $50.00. Please submit baseball orders to me as soon as possible.
REVIEW OF JANUARY MEETING FOR 2008 SEASON
To: Long Island Stan Musial Managers
From: Jimmy Rose
Re: Review of Managers Meeting Wednesday, January 9, 2008 8:00 p.m.
Review of Meeting 2008 Season
Thanks to all those who attended our 1st meeting of the 2008 season. Many key points were discussed and some new ideas that we will try to implement. Your input and exchanges are valuable to improving our league year to year.
Please be advised that deposits will be due at the next meeting which is tentatively scheduled for Wednesday March 5th.
Some important issues discussed are as follows:
1. Division Representatives were elected. They are:
D1 Wood Harvey Sperling
D2 Wood Eddie Armato
D1 Metal No decision (if interested please contact league)
D2 Metal Bob DePersio
2. In an effort to keeping costs down the league fees will remain the same as the last 3 years but will include additional $300.00 for for Allstar and Championship games to be played at CitiBank Park. League fees will be:
Teams with home fields $1,250.00 + $300.00 Total: $1,550.00
Teams without home fields $1,500.00 + $300.00 Total: $1,800.00
3. Frankie Z from ECUA asked for a $5.00 increas for the umpire fees. This would make them $75.00 per game which is reasonable.
4. Start of schedule will be May 18th unless otherwise requested and will end on July 27th with playoffs starting July 30th
5. We will continue to use league lineup. Stats must be entered and a minimum number of at bats and innings pitched will be enforced.
6. Teams must use official Long Island Stan Musial Baseballs. They will be available at the March meeting at $50.00. Please submit baseball orders to me as soon as possible.
BLACK SOX CAPTURE MABL NATIONAL TITLE
IN OTHER DIVISIONS, THE LONG ISLAND CARDINALS LOST IN THE SEMI FINAL FOR THE MABL FEDERAL DIVISION AND THE LONG ISLAND STOM LOST 3 TO 2 IN THE MABL RAWLINGS PRO DIVISION. CONGRADULATIONS TO ALL THREE TEAMS FOR A GREAT TOURNAMENT.
FALL 2007 SCHEDULE - LONG ISLAND STAN MUSIAL
Any questions, contact Jimmy Rose at (631) 696-0079 or Frank Giglio by email, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer 2007 LEAGUE CHAMPIONS - by Division
LONG ISLAND DRIVE - Division 1 Wood
BAYSHORE TIDES - Division 1 Metal
SMITHTOWN ROYALS - Division 2 Wood
FARMINGDALE INDIANS - Division 2 Metal