- Congratulations to our 9-11 Pee Wee Division 2 Baltimore City and Maryland State Champs
- Congratulations to Our 5-7 Champions!
Congratulations to Our Pee Wee Division 2 Baltimore City and Maryland State Champs
Congratulations to our Baltimore City Division 2 Pee Wee Champions
"Where Tradition Began... and Excellence Continues"
The West Baltimore Ducks (formally the Gwynns Falls 49ers) Football and Cheer Academy was established through the merger of the Hanlon Park Cardinals and the Easterwood Ravens, both located in the West Baltimore and Greater Mondawmin Community area in 2000. The West Baltimore Ducks is a subsidary of the National American Youth Football and Cheerleading Academy (AYF and AYC).
While the youth football program is likely to be the focal point of any partnership with the WBD Academy, it is the success of the overall program thats stands out. These programs include our competitive cheer squads for ages 5-14 and our Parents Loving our Community Kids (P-LOCK), that incorporates our parent volunteers to be mentors and tutors while spending quality time with their children.
Below are some our accomplishments in our first year (2013) as the Ducks:
- We established a partnership with Frederick Douglass Senior High School "Home of the Mighty Ducks"
- Received a City Council Resolution for our first official homecoming from Councilman Nick Mosby of the 7th District
- Started a healthy snack program after games incorporating fruit with our snack bags to our participating players and cheerleaders
- Developed a partnership with the University of Maryland Terps to hold our very first free one day skills camp
- Our Cheer Academy participated in their very first cheer jamboree
- Our 5-7, 7-9, 7-9 (Cadet), 8-10, 10-12 and 11-14 teams advanced to the playoffs
- Our 5-7, 8-10, 10-12 and 11-14 teams advanced to the championship
- Our 10-12 and 11-14 teams become State Champions for AYF
- Our 10-12 team advanced to the Florida National Championship
Our 2014 accomplishments:
- Our cheer academy traveled to New Jersey to compete in their first ever Regional Competition and came in 4th place.
- All of our team made it to the playoffs
- Our 7-9 Cadet and 10-12 advanced to the championship
- Our football academy participated in the 1st ever Tavon Austin football camp
- Our Cadet team was invited to a closed Raven's practice with a Meet and Greet
- Our team traveled overnight to North Carolina to scrimmage one of the toughest 7-9 teams in that area
- Our Parents, Guardians and Supporters Rock!
- Our cheer academy traveled to New Jersey to compete in regionals (For Step, Dance and Cheer) placing 3rd in Step advancing to Florida
- Cheer was the runners up in Division 14 Step AYC -- Orlando Florida
- All of teams made the playoffs
- 8-10 won the Division 3 Championship
- 5-7 Green won the Division 2 Championship
- 7-9 Cadet was the State Champions, The Regional Champions and the runners up in Nationals (Orlando, Florida)
- Our Cadets and Cheerleaders were invited to participate in the Ed Block Courage Award Luncheon
- Developed a partnership with the Baltimore City Parks and Recreation Department
- Some of our youth traveled to Canton, OH to visit the Football Hall of Fame and scrimmage in a jamboree
- All of our teams made it playoffs
- Cadet and 8-10 made it to the Baltimore City Championship playoffs
- 5-7 won in their Divsion to become Champions for Baltimore CIty
- 9-11 Pee Wee won the Division 2 Baltimore City and Maryland State Titles and now onto Florida to compete for the National Title
The West Baltimore Ducks Football and Cheer Academy is a highly effective after school athletic and academic enrichment program. Our goal is to create "Positive Youth Development".
Positive Youth Development emphasizes providing services and opportunities to support all young men and women in developing a sense of competence, usefulness, belonging and empowerment. Football and cheer is taught and used as character building tools for self discipline and self esteem building. Our mission is to prepare our youth to become positive creative leaders in our communities.