Important Recreation League Registration Details
Registration for 2018 opens December 1, 2017
It is the responsibility of every parent/guardian and player to follow these registration guidelines. There are important new updates and information about the registration process. PLEASE READ COMPLETELY. Thank you.
- ALL players will be required to wear knee pads in order to participate in practices, warm ups and matches
- No street glasses allowed during practice, warm up or matches. Players must:
- Wear contacts
- or Wear protective sports glasses
- or cover street glasses with safety goggles
- or play without glasses
- No gum allowed during practice, warm ups or matches
- There are no coach requests
- Teams will consist of 10 to 12 players
- Teams are created based on the number of coaches volunteering and gym availability for matches
- Teams will be mixed with players representing all grades in their league
- Players from outside Mount Olive will be mixed with players from Mount Olive. Formation of "town teams" will not be permitted.
- In the event the number of players requires matches to be held at 2 schools, the senior league will be scheduled at the preferred venue, with junior / intermediate scheduled at an alternate venue.
- No player will be allowed to move up / stay down a level in the league unless all conditions below are met:
- Requested by parent
- Player has prior experience in the league
- League has room to accommodate player, without displacing another player
- Board agrees to the move. This will be a player by player decision.
- Players can request 1 friend on their form using the Teammate Request, BUT both players must request each other, otherwise the request is void.
- Players requesting more than 1 friend will have the request voided.
- Teammate Request should be used to facilitate carpools. We cannot accommodate additional carpool requests, NO EXCEPTIONS
- Parents may request that siblings play on same team, but the league cannot guarantee all sibling and friend requests can be filled. Parents should make a note of which pairing is the priority match, sibling or friend, on the registration form using the dropdown box provided.
- All players must choose 2 practice nights, no exceptions. In addition, all teammate and sibling request pairs must have 2 matching practice nights.
- Practices are scheduled at schools within Mt Olive, based on availability of gym time and the coaches availability.
- Players are expected to be able to provide their own transportation to and from the practices and matches.
- If a player is involved in other activities, this must be noted on the registration form at the time it is turned in. We will try to ensure there isn’t a conflict between practices and their other activities.
Deadlines and Refunds
Refunds will be granted if a request is received by 3/15/18. No explanation is required. Request must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any player leaving the league for any reason after 3/15/18 will not receive any refund.
- Any form received after 1/31/18, or forms received after capacity has been met, will be placed on a waiting list. Capacity varies depending on gym availability, the number of parent volunteers, the size of each division, and budgetary limitations. For 2018, we expect to be able to accommodate 280 players.
- In the case of registration filled beyond capacity, priority will be given to residents of Mount Olive and to those who register earliest.
- As players drop out of the league, players on the waiting list will be contacted. Contact will be in order of registration receipt.
- Players on the waiting list who are available for the open slot according to their registration form will be offered the open slot. If the player declines the slot offered they will be moved to the bottom of the list and the next player will be contacted.
- If a player shows a conflict on their registration form, they will be offered the slot and allowed to accept or decline. If they decline they maintain their position on the waiting list and will be first in line for the next opening.
- Any player not placed on a team prior to the first matches will receive a full refund and will not be eligible to participate in the 2018 season.