Fans/Coaches Code of Conduct
ROYSE CITY YOUTH BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION
PARENTS/COACHES CODE OF CONDUCT
As a parent/coach, you play a special role in contributing to the needs and development of youngsters. Through your encouragement and good example, you can help assure that all boys and girls learn good sportsmanship and self-discipline. Royse City Youth Basketball Association teaches young people how to work together, to sacrifice for the good of the team, to enjoy winning and deal appropriately with defeat. Below we have outlined our expectations – failure to comply with the code conduct could result in disciplinary action. Remember, children play for their enjoyment not yours.
1. I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, parents and officials at every game or practice.
2. I will place the emotional and physical well being of my children ahead of my personal desire to win.
3. I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
4. I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable basketball experience for all.
5. I will demand a sport environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco and alcohol and will refrain from their use at Royse City Youth Basketball events.
6. I will remember that my child’s game of basketball is for youth – not adults.
7. I will do my best to make the sport of basketball fun for my child.
8. I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans, parents and officials with respect regardless of race, sex and creed or ability.
9. I will also treat with respect other players, coaches, fans and officials.
10. As a parent and fan I will not harass, abuse, disrespect, or cause a disturbance ageist an opposing coach, player, parent or official.
Thank you for supporting our Royse City Youth Basketball Association.