Everson Joins Albuquerque Staff as AAA Hitting Coach for 2017 Season
The 2017 season will mark Everson's fifth in the Rockies organization and 20th season overall in professional baseball. The 45-year-old has spent the last three seasons with three different Rockies Double-A affiliates, most recently managing the Eastern League's Hartford Yard Goats to a 74-67 record in the club's inaugural season which was spent entirely on the road. Everson also managed the now defunct Double-A New Britain Rock Cats during the 2015 season and served as hitting coach for the Tulsa Drillers in 2014 as well as 2013.
The Wisconsin native also managed in the Florida Marlins' system (2007-09) as well as serving as the High-A Jupiter Hitting Coach (2006). Everson also was a scout for two years with the Baltimore Orioles organization (2003-04). Everson played in the Minor Leagues for seven seasons as a first baseman and catcher in the Expos (1994-95), Pirates (1997) and Red Sox (1998) organizations as well as playing in the independent Frontier League and Northern League.
WBCA CLINIC - Building a Winning Culture - Darin Everson
February 13, 2016
E.B.A. Director, Darin Everson at WBCA Clinic:
“Building a Winning Culture through Relationship Building and the Mental Game” KEY POINTS FROM EVERSON'S PRESENTATION:
GET YOUR MIND RIGHT
CULTURE OF FUN
CULTURE OF TRUST
CULTURE OF WINNING
For more information on the clinic, click on this link: http://www.baseballwisconsin.com/news_article/show/586810?referrer_id=772894 or on the picture to the left.
Everson Inducted to Athletic Hall of Fame at Alma Mater
On October 17, 2015, Elite Baseball Academy Director, Darin Everson was inducted into the Mayville State University Athletic Hall of Fame. Everson played two years of baseball and two years of football from '92-'94. Everson earned All-American Honors in both seasons as the Comets Catcher. Everson also earned All-Conference honors playing Quarterback while at Mayville State. Everson was also the starting catcher for the 1993 Comet Baseball Team that was inducted in the Hall of Fame in 2010.
Everson To Manage Colorado Rockies Double-A Club in 2015
Everson Shares Hitting Philosophy at A.B.C.A. National Coaches Convention
The American Baseball Coaches Association conducts its annual coaches convention the first weekend in January. In 2015, EBA Director and Colorado Rockies Minor League Manager, Darin Everson was honored to share his philosophy on the "Energy Transfer" Hitting Approach to the 6,000 coaches from around the country in Orlando, FL. Everson has been an ABCA member for many years and feels like the annual convention is the kick off for the baseball season. Congratulations to Everson on being selected to present at the national clinic! Below are the major points that he shared in January:
The video of Everson's presentation is available on the ABCA.org website.
Darin Everson, New Britain Rock Cats
1. TRANSFER energy created from body and bat through the ball with proper sequencing
2. TRUST your preparation and what you see to have a clear mind that allows you to react
3. ON-TIME slow and controlled body movements allowing for good rhythm, never late
4. FOCUS on getting your best swing off in your hitting zone, find it and repeat it; know thyself
5. COMPETE! Enjoy the one‐on‐one battle with the pitcher
Coach Everson Also Discussed:
1. Preparing to Swing: Creating and Maintaining Energy
2. The Swing: Transferring Energy Thru the Baseball
3. Coaching Hitters: Building Relationships
Salt River Rafters Win The Arizona Fall League Championship
The Salt River Rafters won the Arizona Fall League Championship on Saturday, November 15 on MLB Network. EBA Director, Darin Everson, is one of the hitting coaches for the Salt River team, representing the Colorado Rockies. The Rafters beat Peoria 14-7 in the championship game. Congratulations to Everson, the staff and the Rafters players.
EBA Director Everson Selected as Hitting Coach in MLB's Arizona Fall League
October 22, 2014
EBA Director, Darin Everson has been selected to represent the Colorado Rockies as the Salt River Rafters Hitting Coach in MLB's 2014 Arizona Fall League. The Fall League, now in its 23rd season, has about 250 players who are top prospects playing for the league's six teams in Glendale, Peoria, Surprise, Mesa, Scottsdale and Salt River. They play for nearly six weeks in October and November, including championship and all-star games. The Salt River Rafters team has top prospects from five different organizations: Astros, Diamondbacks, Marlins, Rockies and the Twins.
Fall League games are low-key. It's so quiet that spectators can hear birds chirping and players chattering on the field. Scouts scribble notes and track pitch speeds with radar guns. "The stakes are really high for the players," Steve Cobb, Fall League director said. "They haven't made it yet. They're acutely aware of who's in the stands. They play hard." Almost two-thirds of Fall League players make it to Major League Baseball, he said.
Arizona Fall League teams include a mix of players from major-league teams:
- Glendale Desert Dogs — Brewers, Dodgers, Orioles, Tigers and White Sox.
- Peoria Javelinas — Braves, Cardinals, Indians, Rays and Royals.
- Surprise Saguaros — Mariners, Padres, Rangers, Red Sox and Reds.
- Salt River Rafters — Diamondbacks, Astros, Marlins, Rockies and Twins.
- Scottsdale Scorpions — Giants, Mets, Phillies, Pirates and Yankees.
- Mesa Solar Sox — Angels, Athletics, Blue Jays, Cubs and Nationals.
Darin Everson, E.B.A. Owner & Director
* 2015 & 2016 Double-A Manager for Colorado Rockies in New Britain & Hartford (Eastern League)
* 2015 National Clinic Speaker on Hitting and Teaching Hitters at A.B.C.A. National Convention - Orlando, FL
* 2014 MLB Arizona Fall League Hitting Coach: Salt River Rafters (Top prospects from Rockies, Twins, Astros, Diamondbacks and Marlins)
* 2013 & 2014 Double-A Hitting Coach for the Colorado Rockies in Tulsa, OK (Texas League)
* Entering 20th year in Professional Baseball as a player, scout, hitting coach or manager.
* Ten years of professional managing and hitting coaching experience with the Colorado Rockies & Florida Marlins organizations and for Washington in the Frontier League.
* Seven years as a Professional Baseball Player for the following MLB organizations: Montreal Expos, Pittsburgh Pirates, Boston Red Sox and in the Frontier and Northern Leagues.
* Two years as an Associate Scout for the Baltimore Orioles.
* Owner and Director of the Elite Baseball Academy; home of the Premier Midwest Catchers Camp & "Energy Transfer" Professional Hitting Camps.
* Two time NAIA All-American Honors as catcher, playing at Mayville State University.
* 2010 Minnesota American Legion Graduate of the Year.
* Four years in the Northwoods League (Premier Summer Collegiate League) as Manager and Hitting Coach for Wisconsin Woodchucks in Wausau, WI.
* One year as a hitting coach in the Alaska Baseball League (Premier Summer Collegiate League) in Kenai, AK.
* Three years as Head Baseball Coach for Oregon High School, WI.
* Five years as Assistant Baseball Coach for Madison Area Technical College, WI.
* Played four years of college baseball, graduated from Mayville State University. Played baseball at Ada-Borup High School, Ada, MN.