2018 Bat Standards
Please do not purchase a bat until you have read the New bat standards on the Little League Website.
For more information on the USABat standard and a complete list of bats approved through the USABat Standard,visit usabat.com.
Academy is offering a 20% off bat trade in special now through March 31, 2018. Click here for more information.
Late registration fees are $95 for Coach Pitch divisions and up now until April 1st.
Please bring an original birth certificate and 3 proofs of residence as described in the Registration Info page. Additional paperwork will be provided at time of registration if you are not able to print from home.
Please read information located on the Registration Info page for more information.
Don't forget, we have gift certificates available for those who have grandchildren, nieces, nephews, etc. that would like to play. These can be purchased in person or online at https://www.leaguelineup.com/formpreview.asp?url=southaustinoptimist&formID=125357&fb=1
PROOF-OF-AGE REQUIREMENTS ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF PROOF OF BIRTH DATE
1. Original proof of age document, if issued by federal, state or provincial registrars of vital statistics in the country in which the Little Leaguer is participating.
2. If country of participation differs from the country of proof of age document, original proof-of-age document issued by federal, state or provincial registrars of vital statistics, or local offices thereof, are acceptable proof of age, provided the document was filed, recorded, registered or issued within one (1) year of the birth of the child.
3. An original document issued by federal, state or provincial registrars of vital statistics, or local offices thereof, listing the date of birth, with reference to the location and issue date of the original birth certificate, is acceptable. (The original birth certificate referenced must have been filed, recorded, registered or issued within one (1) year of the birth of the child.) Also issued by these agencies are photocopies of the certificate of live birth with the certification also photocopied, including the signature, and include the seal impressed thereon. Such documents are acceptable without “live” signatures, provided the original filed, recorded, registered or issued date of the birth certificate was within one (1) year of the date of birth.
4. For children born abroad of a parent or parents who are U.S. citizens, any official government document issued by a U. S. federal agency or service, is acceptable. For military dependents, Department of Defense identification cards and military hospital certificates are acceptable. These must be originals, not copies, and must refer to a filing, recording, registration, or issue date that is within one (1) year of the birth of the child.
5. A “Statement in Lieu of Acceptable Proof of Birth” issued by a District Administrator is acceptable. NOT ACCEPTABLE AS SOLE PROOF OF BIRTH: Baptismal Certificate; Certificate of Blessing; Certificate of Dedication; Certificate of Circumcision, etc.; Hospital Certificate; photocopied records; passports. NOTE: Little League International has authorized the Regional Directors for Latin America, Europe and Africa, and Asia/Pacific, to adopt a policy that excludes No. 1 above. Local Little Leagues and districts in those regions will be informed of the regional policy.
Click here to view our boundary map.
Ben White Blvd to Congress Avenue
Right on Congress Avenue to Sheraton Drive
Left on Sheraton Drive to IH35
IH 35 North to St. Elmo
St. Elmo to Nuckols Crossing Road
Nuckols Crossing to 5200 Viewpoint, cut through to 6100 E Stassney Lane,
6100 E Stassney Lane, West to Nuckols Crossing *,
Nuckols Crossing to Pleasant Valley
Left on Pleasant Valley, East to William Cannon
East on William Cannon take Right on Salt Spring Drive
Salt Spring Road to FM 1327
Left on FM 1327 to Turnersville Road North
Turnersville Road North to Travis County line
*Includes Villas of Cordoba and Fairway Ridge sub-divisions
Travis County Line to Fitzhugh Road
Right on Fitzhugh Road to Barton Creek
Barton Creek East to West Texas 71 (includes Travis Country)
West Texas 71 to Southwest Parkway
Southwest Parkway to Ben White Blvd.
Proof of residency documents must be dated between February 1, 2017 and February 1, 2018.
Academy is offering a 20% off entire purchase coupon for Saturday, March 17th only from 12pm-4pm. Print the coupon below to present at time of purchase for your discount.
We are currently accepting applications for Team Managers and Assistant Coaches for all divisions. Please print, fill in form and submit to Ric at the concession stand on Saturdays and Sundays between 10am and 2pm.
Please fill out form, print, sign and bring to SAO with valid driver's license/I.D.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer umpire, please email Kyle Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please fill out the 2018 Volunteer Application, print, sign and submit to the Concession Stand at SAO on Saturdays or Sundays between 10am and 2pm. A Drivers License or State I.D. is required for document verification.
In charge of league registration paperwork, player records and verification of tournament eligibility.
Assist Fundraising Manager with Little League Fundraiser who collects and reviews fundraising opportunities, organizes and implements approved league fundraising activities, coordinates participation in fundraising activities and maintains records of monies secured through fundraising initiatives.
Assist with reaching out to businesses for sponsoring Little League teams before the season begins in March.
Distributes, maintains and receives team equipment.
Helps and trains members with Field Maintenance.