THE "CO-OP LEAGUE"
The Anne Arundel Baseball Cooperative is a league of independent youth baseball organizations that operate in Anne Arundel County, Maryland. Teams entered from the various organizations are INTRAMURAL or REC-BALL teams that would otherwise play wholly within their own community organization, and are participating in this league solely to have more teams to play during the season. This is NOT A TRAVEL OR SELECT TEAM LEAGUE!
Go to "The Co-op" on the left menu for more info, or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 SPRING MEETING - TUE 3/6
We will be holding a meeting for participating organizations on March 6, 630pm, at the Greene Turtle in Pasadena, on Magothy Beach Road. This meeting is intended for league reps and field schedulers. Team manages are specifically asked to NOT come - there will not be enough room. A later meeting for team managers may be organized, on a division by division basis.
- Rules for the 2018 Spring Season are proposed to be the same as last spring. League reps should review them now, and bring any questions or comments to the meeting.
- For the 2018 spring season, the Co-op league will continue to use the April 30 / May 1 cutoff for age divisions. We are considering the Aug 31 / Sep 1 cutoff for this coming fall season.
- Contact Pam Blades email@example.com for more information.
PARTICIPATING ORGANIZATIONS FOR 2017 FALL
For the 2017 FALL season, the following organizations are participating in one or more divisions:
Arden (ARA), Broadneck (BBSC), Brooklyn Park (BPYAA), Glen Burnie (GBBS), Greater Glen Burnie (GGBJSL), Kent Island (KIYBSC), Lake Shore (LSYB), Linthicum-Ferndale (LFYAA), Pasadena (PBC), Peninsula (PAL) Severn (SAC), Severna Park (GSPAA).
RULES FOR 2017 FALL
Playing Rules - All Divisions except 8U Machine Pitch - confirmed at the August 16, 2017 Fall meeting.
- 9/5 - removed 8U Machine Pitch references (see below)
NOTE: The bat rules remain the same for the 2017 fall season. We are planning to adopt the USA Baseball Bat Standard for the 2018 Spring season. More details will be provided to participating organizations, and the spring rules will be updated to match.
GAME SCHEDULES FOR 2017 FALL
Schedules for each division will be posted here by the end of August, or otherwise shared with each team manager.
6U Coach Pitch (Fred Engel/Pasadena).
7U Coach Pitch (Ramie Fogarty/Lake Shore)
- 8U COACH Pitch (Fred Engel/Pasadena)
- 8U MACHINE Pitch (Broadneck)
- 8U PLAYER Pitch (Ramie Fogarty/Lake Shore)
10U Mustang/Minors (Fred Engel/Pasadena).
12U Bronco/Majors (Michael Phillips/Severna Park) - Revision 2 20170911.
15U Babe Ruth (Jack Nutter/Lake Shore)
18U Colt (Ramie Fogarty/Lake Shore)