2012 Volunteers Needed For Each and Every Home Game
- Chain Crew- 3 Responsible Volunteers ages 16 and above per game to man the 10 yard markers and the down marker.
- Concessions Volunteers- Each team needs to have 2 or 3 volunteers take an hour or two each weekend and work the concessions. We need people inside the building and hamburger and hot dog grillers. No one will have to work during their child’s game.
- Game Announcers- We need 2 volunteers per game- a spotter to help the game Announcer and a Game Announcer with enthusiasm and an ability to pronounce names correctly.
- Sign makers- Volunteers to make signs to be put up at PAL Park for home games.
- Field preparation and field breakdown- Before the first home game on any given day or evening; we need 2 volunteers to help line the field and put the yard markers out and put the pads on the goal posts. Volunteers need to arrive at least 1 hour and 15 minutes before the first kickoff.
After the final game of the day or evening, we will need 2 additional volunteers to return the yard markers and the pads to the storage room.
- Trash Cans- 2 or 3 volunteers needed. We need to keep the inside of the park looking good. That means making sure loose trash is picked up and put in a can. Also removing the full trash bags from the cans and putting them over by the large storage room. Putting new trash bags and then taping them to the cans.
- Parking Lot Volunteers- This year there is additional parking past the main parking lot on Bay Ridge Rd. We will need volunteers to help direct traffic off of Bay Ridge Rd. into the overflow lot in an orderly fashion. No cars will be allowed to park on Bay Ridge Rd they will risk being ticketed by AA County Police.
- Optional for each team- Volunteers who have camcorders ( and possibly editing skills) to record the game for coaches and players to review and to possibly provide a season highlight (if someone is motivated to take on this project.)
Please let your head coach know what position you would like to volunteer for. We cannot put together home weekend games without parent and family volunteers in these important positions. You will meet new friends, have fun and have a sense of pride knowing you are giving back to your community.