- WELCOME TO THE HAWKS NEST!!!!!!!
- ************************PAL HAWKS***************************
- ********************ANNAPOLIS, MARYLAND*********************
|Regular Season Games Start|
2014 PAL Hawks Online Registration
IN PERSON REGISTRATION WILL BE HELD JUNE 25 AND 26 FROM 6PM TO 8PM AND MONDAY THRU THURSDAY BEFORE 6PM PRACTICES AT PAL PARK CONCESSIONS BUILDING JULY 21THRU AUGUST 22ND. PLEASE CONTACT MR. LYONS AT 410-268-8880 FOR MORE INFORMATION. ONLINE REGISTRATION IS OPEN.
NO PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED DURING THE IN-PERSON REGISTRATION
PAL Football Options for 2014- In-House Tackle (5-6 yr old), 70lb, 80lb, 90lb, 100lb, 11U, 12U,13U
Registration Options - Player will be assigned to a team based on their date of birth and their weight (if not playing in an unlimited division which is based on date of birth only). Coaching staff and PAL Personnel will determine which team a player is best suited for.
5 and 6 year old In- House Tackle Football $100
2014 AAYFA tackle football registration fee $160
Cheerleading registration fee $30
Equipment deposit will be required for all players
Any Questions about PAL Hawks Football please contact Ron Lyons at 410-268-8880 or Greg Gulley at email@example.com
2014 AAYFA Age Cut-Offs
|70lb. (T2T 80lb)
||1/1/07 - 8/31/08
||Must turn 6 by 8/31/14
|80lb. (T2T 90lb)
||9/1/05 - 12/31/06
|90lb. (T2T 100lb)
||9/1/04 - 8/31/05
|100lb. (T2T 110lb)
||9/1/03 - 8/31/04
||9/1/02 - 8/31/03
||9/1/01 - 8/31/02
| 13 U
|| 1/1/00 - 8/31/01
|| No 9th graders
T2T= Tackle to Tackle interior Line
2014 Weigh in dates
1st Weigh-In - August 2, 2014 at South River High School
2nd Weigh-In - August 16, 2014
Final Weigh-In - September 3, 2014
2014 AAYFA League Calendar
2014 5-6 Year Old In-House Tackle Football
PAL began a 5-6 year old In-House tackle football program in 2012. It was a great success. It replaced our flag football program. This gives parents an option for their 5 year olds to begin to learn the basic fundamentals of competitive tackle football.
Under this program, players will be equipped with full gear and will learn the skills the big boys do. Since this is an in house program, the strength of the program is dependent upon the number of 5 year olds that participate. It is our hope to be able to field at least two in house teams that will compete against each other on game day. If we can field more than two teams, that will make the in- house program even stronger.
This is a pilot program for PAL and we are aware that only a few other organizations have implemented this program. But we truly believe that this will help give PAL and our youngest players a strong foundation to feed into the older teams and it starts right here.
If you would like to discuss this program with the Commissioner, please contact Coach Gulley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Registration for In-House is OPEN, sign up today to secure a spot on this ground breaking program.
PAL Hawks equipment store
Anne Arundel County Fields Weather Cancellation Link
2014 Volunteers needed- All Families Please Read!
2014 Volunteers Needed For Each and Every Home Game
- Chain Crew- 3 Responsible Volunteers ages 16 and above per game to man the 10 yard markers and the down marker.
- Concessions Volunteers- Each team needs to have 2 or 3 volunteers take an hour or two each weekend and work the concessions. We need people inside the building and hamburger and hot dog grillers. No one will have to work during their child’s game.
- Game Announcers- We need 2 volunteers per game- a spotter to help the game Announcer and a Game Announcer with enthusiasm and an ability to pronounce names correctly.
- Sign makers- Volunteers to make signs to be put up at PAL Park for home games.
- Field preparation and field breakdown- Before the first home game on any given day or evening; we need 2 volunteers to help line the field and put the yard markers out and put the pads on the goal posts. Volunteers need to arrive at least 1 hour and 15 minutes before the first kickoff.
After the final game of the day or evening, we will need 2 additional volunteers to return the yard markers and the pads to the storage room.
- Trash Cans- 2 or 3 volunteers needed. We need to keep the inside of the park looking good. That means making sure loose trash is picked up and put in a can. Also removing the full trash bags from the cans and putting them over by the large storage room. Putting new trash bags and then taping them to the cans.
- Optional for each team- Volunteers who have camcorders ( and possibly editing skills) to record the game for coaches and players to review and to possibly provide a season highlight (if someone is motivated to take on this project.)
Please let your head coach know what position you would like to volunteer for. We cannot put together home weekend games without parent and family volunteers in these important positions. You will meet new friends, have fun and have a sense of pride knowing you are giving back to your community.
Directions to PAL Fields
Directions to PAL (Peninsula Park)
Take Rt. 50 to exit 22 onto Aris T. Allen Boulevard Rt. 665. Continue on Rt.665 until it ends and becomes Forest Drive. Continue straight on Forest Drive for about 2.5 miles until it ends and becomes Bay Ridge Road. Continue straight on Bay Ridge Road for approximatley 1/2 mile. The park is on the right side of Bay Ridge Road just past Bru-Mar Gardens. Additional visitor parking available approximately 1/4 mile past PAL Park on the right side. There is a path that leads to the visitor's sideline of the football field
Additional parking located at Hillsmere Elementary located on Arundel On The Bay Rd. directly across from PAL Park.
Welcome to the Peninsula Athletic League(PAL) website – home of the PAL Hawks. PAL is a non-profit organization that was founded in 1975 to offer children in the Greater Annapolis Area the opportunity to participate in youth sports. Currently we offer football, baseball/girls softball
Our mission is to organize and develop highly competitive PAL Hawks Youth Football teams comprised of players from the Greater Annapolis area and its surrounding communities. We expect to provide our players with dedicated experienced coaching that will not only teach the physical aspects of football, but also a deeper understanding of how to play the game while maintaining high standards of excellence promoting good sportsmanship, teamwork, and respect for the individual.
The goal of the PAL Hawks Football Program is for every player to get the most out of his football experience by having fun, developing sound skills and working within a team-oriented culture that fosters a winning attitude. We expect to teach them the fundamentals of football, while helping them constantly challenge themselves to achieve, improve, progress and learn. Each person that joins the PAL Hawks accepts the commitment to become the best that they can possibly be.
We look forward to a great season and we encourage all parents to be as involved as possible to help make this a positive experience for your child. PAL parents should set the standard for good sportsmanship and encouragement at all times. We expect the kids to play hard at all times, to work together and to have FUN playing football!
WELCOME TO THE HOME OF THE PAL HAWKS