Last Updated: September 23, 2017
September 23, 2017 – 08:00 PM
It is imperative that ALL Coaches and players check game schedule on this site each week!! Any approved game change will be updated on this site (due to situations beyond control, there are times a game change will occur; Directors are notified to tell their coaches if their teams are affected.
MISSION STATEMENT/LEAGUE OBJECTIVE:
Promote the game of field hockey through teaching basic fundamentals while having fun and building self-esteem. Growing from 140 players to currently over 500 young girls playing and more then 50 VOLUNTEER coaches, our goal is for the girls to prepare to play at the next level. (Ex. juniors to seniors, seniors to middle / high school teams). Although many games are competitive the outcome of the game is not our purpose. Coaches, Officials, Parents and fans are to support all the players in a positive manner.
The BCYFHL provides an opportunity for girls in grades 3-8 to learn and play the game of field hockey while. also understanding the rules of the game. The league is comprised of 2 divisions: JUNIORS: Saturdays, Grades 3 to 5; SENIORS: Sundays, Grades 6 to 8; and several Friday nite games for both divisions. Girls must play on their own town team. Should a player reside in a town that does not have a team, that player may play on one of the BCYFH teams.
In the event of ANY postponed/rescheduled games, notifications will be posted on this site and be kept up to date.
CHARITIES: PLEASE SUPPORT THE VARIOUS CHARITIES THROUGHOUT THE SEASON.
Sept 10 Burl Twp: Wounded Warrior and STOP 22 Project: donations for either.
Sept 22/23; Oct 15: @ Florence Site: Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
Sept 30/Oct 1: Mt Laurel Turf Field: Charity will support a Mt Laurel community member as she deals with Synovial sarcoma and will undergo surgery and chemo treatments. Sale of concessions, bracelets, and collection of donations. 5K RACE: contact Janeanneilson@mac.com for information on race.
Oct 8 @ Bordentown: Burlington County Animal Shelter: dog and cat items: food, blankets, sheets, beds, bowls, litter, leashes, any cleaning supplies: towels, trash bags, liquid soap; heartguard, frontline.
Oct 28/29: @ Southampton Municipal Field: Breast Cancer (sale of various pink clothing, socks; refreshments)
COACHES, PARENTS, PLAYERS, Fans: READ and UNDERSTAND the following :
There is a MERCY Rule for both divisions: ALL Coaches are to be familiar with this policy.
The BENCH side is for PLAYERS ONLY. All fans, parents, spectators are to be on the FAR SIDELINE. Do NOT sit BEHIND the ENDLINE, behind the goal cage or on the Bench side where players are.
1. NO JEWELRY is to be worn (necklaces, earrings, wrist bands, beads in hair, etc) by any player who plays in the game. Remove the item or DO NOT PLAY No exceptions. THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED!! The officials can issue a card (green 2 minute penalty out of game; next is yellow (5 mins out of game). Wearing jewelry is illegal by book rule and is a danger to opponent and player. No tape can be worn over earrings to make it legal.
2) Equipment: Shinguards (up to the top of the shin below knee) are required equipment.
Mouthguards, worn in the mouth, not being chewed/hanging out are required equipment.
Goggles, if worn, MUST be worn over the eyes, not on the forehead. Each town program decides if team will wear. It is not required in the rec league. No mouthguard can protrude or be attached to the goggles!!
3. Fans / parents should limit their comments to their teams/ players while watching the games. Let the coaches coach their team/players without competing with the distractions from the fans. Some parents are distracting the players from the coach's instructions. Parents ENJOY the MOMENT!! Life goes quick and this is a time to relax and watch. Encourage all players.
4. Senior Coaches: can ONLY walk the sideline between the 50 yd line and 25 yard line on their side of the field. You cannot be on the field or behind the cage. All coaches must be in designated team area to coach their team.
5. Junior Coaches: 1 coach must remain on bench side, 1 can coach on far side or behind the GK (NOT ON FIELD) as long as 1coach remains at bench area. Coaches can coach from sidelines or behind cage (coach behind cage should NOT be continuously talking/coaching/or be distracting to opponent).
2017 WEEKLY CHARITIES PLEASE SUPPORT THESE CAUSES.
Each weekend, the host town will have a designated charity; the hosts' designated charity are listed above. Our charities include local food banks, animal welfare societies, breast cancer awareness & the k9s for Warriors. Please help us support these worthy charities and help us give back to our communities.
2017- 2018 Indoor Field Hockey Opportunities: Click on the Headline Link above
QUESTIONS? If you have any questions, e-mail your coach to contact league rep