- ENJOY THE SEASON- HAVE FUN!!!
- GOD BLESS AMERICA
- GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP RULES!
- LET THE GAMES BEGIN!
REGISTRATION FOR THE BGL IS CLOSED. PLEASE EMAIL BGL.HOOPS@GMAIL.COM IF YOU ARE A LATE REGISTRANT
BGL TEAM ASSIGNMENTS
The drafts have been completed for all divisions. You will be notified of team assignments by December 8th. Please note that there are no practices this weekend due to the SLG Christmas Bazaar. We will begin team practices on December 14th & 15th. Games for Grades 7/8 will begin the weekend of December 20th, with all other divisions (Grades 3-6) having a second practice that weekend. Games for ALL divisions (Grade 3-8) will take place the weekend of December 27th.
INFORMATION FOR GRADES 1 & 2
The Grade 1 & 2 Division (Boys and Girls) does not begin until after the New Year. Grades 1 & 2 will have group instructional clinics on Saturday, January 4th and 11th (further information regarding the time and breakdown of the clinics will be provided later). After completion of the second clinic, players will be assigned to teams, and team assignments will be sent to parents on or before January 15th. Grades 1 & 2 will then have two (2) weeks of instructional practice with their coaches/team on January 18th and 25th. Games for Grades 1 & 2 will begin February 1st. Please note that Boys Grade 1 & 2 games begin first thing in the morning at 7:00 am and 7:40 am; followed by Girls Grades 1 & 2 generally at 8:20 am.
The League is on a VERY TIGHT SCHEDULE. It is imperative that you vacate the court immediately after your practice/game is completed as we need to set up the gym and get the next set of games for the older divisions started on time. Also, no one is permitted on the stage during any of the BGL games.
PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW YOUR CHILDREN TO BRING BASKETBALLS INTO THE GYM.
INFORMATION FOR NEW FAMILIES
October 17, 2013
A few facts about the typical BGL season:
Games are held on Friday nights (5:30 to 9:00 PM) and Saturday from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM, and from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM. The gym will be closed on Saturdays from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., and no games will be scheduled during this time. This season, we will be having games on some Sundays from 1:30 PM to 7:30 PM.
Grades 3-4 (boys & girls) generally play on Friday nights and/or late Saturday morning.
Grades 1-2 play first thing Saturday mornings. Boys start at 7:00 AM and the girls usually play at around 8:15 or so.
After the Grades 1-2 and 3-4 games are completed on Saturdays, the schedule will GENERALLY then be Grades 5-6 and then Grades 7-8 later in the day/evening. But there is exceptions and the schedule will differ week to week. The only sure thing is Grades 1-2 early Saturday.
We expect to have one or two practice sessions in mid-December. We anticpate that the League games will run from December 14th through March 1st, with league championships taking place on or about March 15th. THESE DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Gym time is very scarce based on the many Parish and School functions held in the AAC, so practice times are very limited, if any. We do try to use the two Monday holidays (January and February) for practice sessions, unless we need to make up games that are cancelled due to weather.
Game schedules can only be assembled after determining the number of teams in each division- and that can only be accomplished after registration is completed. Please pass the word around that registration will begin soon so we can avoid the dreaded late sign-up's.
GYM SAFETY AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ!!!!!
October 17, 2013
FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL PLAYERS AND SPECTATORS, WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING RULES/GUIDELINES DURING THE SEASON:
- PLEASE CLEAR THE COURT IMMEDIATLEY AFTER YOUR GAME IS COMPLETED TO ALLOW THE NEXT GAME TO BEGIN PROMPTLY.
- NO food is permitted in the AAC.
- Please remove all water bottles, coffee cups etc. from the bleachers after your game is completed and deposit them in the trash cans/recycling bins when leaving the gym.
- NO ONE is permitted on the STAGE while BGL is in session.
- Please do not leave your children unattended in the AAC, restrooms or surrounding areas.
- Please do not park in the spaces in front of the AAC as these spots are reserved for visitors of the Parish Center. All BGL participants must park in the Main Parking Lot adjacent to the AAC.
- Please DO NOT allow your children to bring basketballs in to the gym. NO EXCEPTIONS!!! Sooner or later these balls will roll onto the court during play and someone will get hurt. Please leave all basketballs at home!
- All spectators must watch the games from the bleachers across from the teams. Please do not allow siblings, parents, friends etc. to sit behind the team while the games are being played.
- Please note that the speed limit in the parking lots is 5 MPH.
- Access to the AAC is via the front doors only. The side doors are for emergency use only and must remain closed at all times.
Thank you for your cooperation. Best of Luck this Season!
Player Agent responsibilities include being present for all games in their respective division, assisting in maintaining the cleanliness of the gym and the gym floor (between games), assigning timekepers for games (to maintain the foul count and work the clock), keeping the games on our very tight schedule and monitoring teams for compliance with the rules of the League.
We always need volunteers. Please step up and help us to continue making this League the best in the area.
For a complete schedule listing, click here!
ST. LEO THE GREAT- BILL GRIER LEAGUE