Online Registration is closed.
If you would like to sign up please contact your association
Pete Williams Bradfordville Association President (850) 294-3900
Robert Bryant Canopy Oaks Association President (850) 728-6365
Shannon Baker Chaires-Capitola Association President (850) 665-0495
Dawn Lynn-Rentz Ft. Braden Association President (850) 510-1256
Phadrhea Acoff Woodville Association President (850) 597-4599
If you do not know what association you are apart of click here
Big Bend Pop Warner Welcomes HEADS UP FOOTBALL !!!
We’re very happy to announce our partnership with USA Football and its Heads Up Football program.
The goal for all of us is to ensure that all Big Bend Pop Warner coaches are certified by USA Football to teach proper blocking and tackling techniques in a better and safer way.
There’s lots more information available through the Pop Warner website, www.popwarner.com, but here are the basic steps for our local Pop Warner Associations to register for Heads Up Football:
- Association President/Commissioner becomes a member of USA Football.
- President/Commissioner completes a brief online application to register the organization with Heads Up Football℠.
- Within the application, each Pop Warner association must nominate a Player Safety Coach (PSC)
- Within the application, the commissioner can set up a coaching membership promo code for coach certification.
- All Pop Warner coaches (head and assistants) must register for USA Football Coach Membership.
- All Pop Warner coaches (head and assistants) must complete the USA Football Level 1 Coach Certification Course annually.
- New coaches take the full USA Football Level 1 Course and previously certified coaches take the Re-certification Quiz.
Big Bend Pop Warner’s #1 priority has always been the safety of our participants. Working with USA Football’s Heads Up Football program is the latest step in delivering a safer program to all of our Pop Warner players.
Important Statement By Pop Warner National Staff:
January 15, 2014
The league portrayed in Esquire Network’s “Friday Night Tykes” has no affiliation with Pop Warner Little Scholars and the behavior exhibited in the show is counter to how we believe young athletes should be taught the game of football.
The coaching techniques and football philosophy on this show are in stark contrast to the ideals of sportsmanship, scholastics and safe play, which are the foundation of how the game is coached and played in Pop Warner.
We are working closely with other youth sports organizations and medical professionals to identify ways to promote safe play through the National Sports Concussion Coalition, an example of leaders joining forces to create a great experience for our youth.
The exhibitions on this show poorly represent all that’s great about youth sports in America and play directly into the misguided stereotype of football.
-Pop Warner Little Scholars, Inc.
BIG BEND POP WARNER IS EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE OUR PARTNERSHIP WITH