Zooters Softball Coed Tournament, June 30, West River Park, Double Elimination CoEd Tournament. 6 Teams. $150 per team. Ratio is 7 male/3 female in the field at all times. Trophy for 1st . Men swing wood bats (No Chicago bats!) Open ASA/USA bats for woman. More info https://www.facebook.com/events/551878011874084/?active_tab=about
Most Coed games between 6/29 and 7/20 had to be rescheduled to accommodate team requests. Check your schedules for updated game dates and times.
Benchtop Devices (D4 to D3) and GSP Coatings (D3 to D4) swapped divisions and took each other's schedules. Both teams and the Board agreed to the switch and caused minimal disruption to the overall schedule. Playoff seedings will be based on win percentage in their new divisions; old records will not carryover.
The Edward Jones move from Division 3 to Division 2 is complete. Check your schedules for updated game dates and times.
Get schooled on the rules, the cruel jewels to keep the fools cool
Infield Fly Rule. The purpose of this rule is to prevent the double and triple plays on pop-ups. This rule is in effect with less than 2 outs and runners on 1st and 2nd or bases loaded. If the batter hits a fair flyball (not including a line drive) within or close to the infield that can be caught with reasonable effort in the umpire’s judgment, by any infielder or outfielder, the umpire shall call “Infield Fly” and the batter is immediately called out. If the ball is caught, all rules pertaining to a caught flyball are in effect. If the ball is dropped, the batter is still out and the runners may remain at their base or advance at their own risk. The force is off, so the runners must be tagged out when returning or advancing to a base.
The Brattleboro Chief of Police, Michael Fitzgerald, has contacted the League about the drinking and littering at the parks. Don't leave a mess for others to clean up. Please take your empty bottles and cans with you.
Fake tags are not allowed (Rules Supplement 19). The umpire may award base(s) if the runner stops, slows down, or slides as a result of a fake tag. If the runner gets injured, the defensive player may be ejected.
Sponsor fee: $500.00 (Mens), $250.00 (Co-ed)
Player fee: $60.00, additional $20.00 to play in Mens and Co-ed
If you have a Mens or Co-ed team, a player looking for a team, interested in being an umpire, or have any questions about this softball league, please contact Brownie Towle (email@example.com, (802) 254-2824)
Changes for 2018
- The 12-game Co-ed League will start in early May (same as the Mens League). We will try to keep a Friday-only schedule, unless delays and reschedules force us to use Sundays
- Co-ed teams must have two males and two females in both the infield and outfield and one male and one female as pitcher and catcher (defensive positions do not have to be alternating gender) (Rule 4.1.C.3.E)
- Co-ed Shorthanded Rule: If a team plays shorthanded with either three players in the infield or outfield, at least one must be male and at least one must be a female (Rule 4.1.D.1.D)
- Co-ed batting order must be alternating genders. Back-to-back male and back-to-back female batters are not allowed. An out will be recorded for the vacant position
The League and Rec Dept have a collection of lost gloves. If any of them belong to you, send us a message by clicking the Contact Us link in the About dropdown at the top of this webpage
Please check our Sponsors in the About link above and support the businesses who support this league. (If your business is not listed or incorrect, please email the webmaster)
2018 Vermont ASA Tournaments
- Mens Wooden Bat State Tournament, July 7-8, Newport, VT
- Womens Slow Pitch (All Classes), July 14-15, Newport, VT
- Co-ed Class D/E Slow-Pitch, July 28-29, Hyde Park/Waterbury, VT
- Mens Class D Slow-Pitch, Aug 4-5, Hyde Park/Waterbury, VT
- Mens Class E/F Slow-Pitch, Aug 11-12, Brattleboro, VT
Check back here and LIKE us on Facebook
To receive text messages regarding rainouts, text BRATTSOFTBALL to 84483. Text STOP to be removed. Msg&data rates may apply
Congratulations to the 2017 Champions
- D1: #3 Brattleboro Elks #1499
- D2: #1 Zooters/Commonwealth Dairy/Shram/Whetstone Station
- D3: #2 Edward Jones
- D4: #1 All Around Appliance Services
- D5: #4 Against the Grain
- Co-ed: #1 Ball Crushers