- Home of the 2009, 2015, and 2017 Prep Legion Pennsylvania State Champions
- Home of the 2009, 2011, and 2013 Junior Legion Pennsylvania State Champions
Welcome to the home of the
Bucks County Junior/Prep Amercian Legion Baseball
2018 Junior Legion Regionals
Congratulations to the following teams from Bucks County for earning their bids to regional tournaments.
Tournaments are July 21 - 25.
#1 = Yardley-Morrisville going to Berwick
#2 = Norhtampton going to Boyertown
#3 = Langhorne going to Norchester
2018 BUCKS COUNTY LEGION PLAYOFFS
Congratulations to Northampton Bombers
for winning the Championship and Langhorne as runner up!
* Prep Legion Playoffs starting 7/14/18
Here is how tie breakers are handled and the website doesn't calculate all of this:
1. Record against opponent
2. Record against play-off teams
3. Run differential against opponent
4. Run differential against play-off teams
5. Coin flip
American Legion Code of Sportsmanship
American Legion Code of Sportsmanship
I Will Keep The Rules.
I Will Keep Faith with my Teammates.
I Will Keep my Temper.
I Will Keep myself Fit.
I Will Keep a Stout Heart in Defeat.
I Will Keep my Pride under in Victory.
I Will Keep a Sound Soul, a Clean Mind, & a Healthy Body.
States and Regionals
Junior Regionals are July 21-25 (schedule is in a separate article below.
(Prep has no regionals)
Junior and Prep states are July 28 - August 1 (Spring City)
Here is the breakdown for the Prep State Tournament, which will be held from July 28-August 1 at Southern Lehigh at Living Memorial Park Coopersburg. The Mapquest address is 230 East Landis Street, Coopersburg, PA 18036 - Main field.
10am Wyoming Valley / Bucks #2
1pm Chester #1 / Berks #1
4pm MBC #1 / Mainline #1
7pm Bucks #1 / Host
The top 8 teams make the playoffs.
Playoffs will be double elimination.
Prep will begin 7/14.
Junior will begin 7/7.
** The top 8 teams make the league playoffs.
* We will be sending 3 teams to Regionals this year.
* The team with the best record in the regular season will automatically get one of the bids and will be the #1 team from our league.
* If the #1 seed does not make the playoff championship, then the other two teams in the championship will get the #2 (Champion) & #3 (Runner-Up) Regionals bids.
* If the #1 seed makes to the championship, then the other team in the final will get the #2 bid, while the two teams eliminated in the semi-finals would play a one-game playoff for the #3 bid.
REGIONALS are July 21st - July 25th (TBD)
FIRST DAY JULY 21ST
BUCKS # 1- AT BERWICK 11:30AM VS WEST BRANCH #2
BUCKS #2 - AT BOYERTOWN 9AM VS TWIN # 1
BUCKS #3- AT NORCHESTER 4PM VS DISTRICT 11 #2
STATES are July 28th - August 1st (Spring City)
Lower Bucks County Various Rules
1. EXTRA HITTER:
-EH can be used, doesn't have to be.
If it is, it must be noted on the lineup card that is submitted at start of play.
-EH can never play defensively.
-Can sub out from bench for another EH, using all regular sub rules, but they must go into that lineup spot.
-The EH can bat anywhere in the lineup.
-If a team elects to use an EH – that spot in the lineup must remain the EH for the rest of the game.
2. lineup changes *must* go through the umpires. Players not listed on the lineup card may not play in that game, and also may not play in any make-up/continuation of that game if they were never on the card submitted. Jersey numbers listed on the lineup card must be accurate or teams could face "batting out of order".
3. Teams must have 9 players to play. If you fall below 9, you forfeit. This includes if a player is ejected or injured. A team that falls below 9 will forfeit that game.
4. Players who are ejected must leave the ball park and are automatically suspended for the next game as well.
5. We do not use the courtesy runner rule in Bucks County.
Lower Bucks County Junior Legion
Northampton was the Jr Legion League Champion (Manager – Skip Reichert)
Prep Legion Playoffs start 7/14/18!