BYA Opening Day 2018 will be held on Saturday, April 28th. All teams will play on Opening Day. Please see the Opening Day schedule below for game times.
Our opening ceremonies will begin around 9:30 AM on Field 1. Any BYA player in attendance who arrives at the field by 9:30 AM will be allowed to participate in opening ceremonies.
All players will receive a free hot dog and drink from the concession stand at the end of their game. We'll also be holding a 50/50 raffle with the winner being selected at end of the final game of the day.
Rain date for Opening Day will be Saturday, May 5, 2018 following same game schedule above.
PARKING - The front parking lot near the concession stand at Field 1 is reserved for coaches, board members, and handicapped patrons. DO NOT PARK at the field lots or at the ‘Coaches Only’ parking area located near the Field 1 concession stand unless you have been issued a BYA Parking Pass or have a registered handicap placard. No vehicles are permitted to bloc access to Fields 2 & 3. The emergency access road is meant to be an access for Emergency Vehicles. Additional parking is available at State Street school or on State Street. Please visit our About Us page for more information.
Welcome to the 2018 Season!
With days getting longer (and hopefully warmer), we wanted to officially welcome everyone to the 2018 Spring Baseball & Tee-Ball season. We're still getting things organized for the upcoming season and maybe it's a bit too cold yet to really start thinking about baseball, but we wanted to get an early start with some information and important dates. Please take a look below and we'll be in touch again soon with more information.
- Teams and schedules are still being assembled. Within the next week or so, we'll be sending out all of these details.
- Coaches will be in contact with their team/parents by the end of this month.
- Cheer shirt orders are now being accepted. If your order form and payment is received by March 23rd, you'll receive your cheer shirt before opening day.
- Pre-season practices will start the week of April 9th. Each coach will determine his/her own practice schedule and will let his/her team know when practices will be taking place.
- Uniforms are on order. Uniforms can be picked up at our "Meet the Coaches" event on April 8th from 12:30PM - 2:30PM at the Baden McDonald's (Ohio River Blvd.).
- BYA Field Day is tentatively scheduled for April 7th. We'll have a list of to-do items soon. Anyone who helps out at Field Day will receive a refund of their volunteer fee.
- Team/individual pictures are tentatively scheduled for April 14-15, 2018. We'll be in touch with more details on this soon.
- Opening Day is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, April 28th. All teams will play on Opening Day. More details soon.
- Emails from the BYA come from firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. To avoid missing our messages, please add our email addresses to your safe-senders email list.
- Please sign up for text alerts (link in right margin) as this is how we communicate important, league-wide notifications such as game-day weather cancellations.
- Follow us on Facebook as we post lots of information here as well.
- All players will need their own glove. Baseball cleats are optional but recommended. You may wish to purchase a helmet for your child (not necessary for tee-ball) - the BYA provides helmets but these are shared amongst all players. Baseball pants are optional, but we recommend gray if you're purchasing your own.
- Parking in the front lot near the concession stand is reserved for coaches and handicapped patrons only.
- We always welcome parents helping on the field during practices and games. If you'd like to volunteer for an assistant coach position, please use this signup form. Coaches will also be asking for volunteers for Dugout Helpers and Team Moms. Anyone who volunteers for any of these positions will receive a refund of their volunteer fee.
- We're looking for a few more players for our 10U kid-pitch program. If you know of anyone with a 9-10 year-old who wants to come out and have some fun a couple times a week, please direct them to our website, our Facebook page, or have them email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
That should be enough to get us going. If you have any questions, please contact us. We'll see you all soon!